Dr. Amlesh Kumar
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Education, School of Education
- Ph.D. (Education), RIE (NCERT), Bhubaneswar
- M.Ed. RIE (NCERT), Bhubaneswar
- M.Sc. (Physics), LNMU, Darbhanga
Research Key Areas:
- Teacher Education
- Vocational Education
- Science Education
- Diversity Education
- School Education
- Eight Months Research Experience as Consultant, Research Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) position at Room to Read, India Trust.
- Worked as an Internal Resource Person (IRP) for different research-related activities and tool development workshops in RIE (NCERT), Bhubaneswar
- Reviewed the paper submitted in International Conference on Best Innovative Teaching Strategies (ICON-BITS 2021) organized by BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus.
- Reviewer in the International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) Member ID : 118256
- Two Academic Year of Teaching Experience as Assistant Professor in Education (Contractual) at Department of Education, RIE (NCERT), Bhubaneswar.
Courses & Paper Taught:
- B.Ed. & B.Sc. B.Ed. (Pedagogy of Physical Science, Pedagogy of Mathematics, Learning to Function as a Teacher, Schooling Socialization and Identity etc.)
- M.Ed. (Teacher Education, Curriculum Studies, Learning and Pedagogy of School Subjects etc.)
Research Publication (s):
- Kumar, A. & Panda, B. N. (2022). Transforming Academic Institutions as Learning Organizations: Reflection from Past Researches, Staff and Educational Development International, 25(1), 199-208.
- Kumar, A. & Panda, B. N. (2022). Higher Education Institutions Transformation into Learning Organizations: Lessons from Covid Pandemic, International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development, 6(2), 211-216.
- Swain, M.K., Behera, L., Kumar, A. and Krishnan, D. (2021). Becoming Inclusive Teachers: Perspectives of Pre-service Teachers of Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar on Inclusive Education. Learning Community, 12(01), 27-38.
- Behera, L. & Kumar, A. (2021). Trends in ICT Integrated Teacher Education. “Trends in ICT Enabled Education”, Aradhana Brothers, Kanpur, 62-78.
- Kumar, A. & Panda, B. N. (2020). Pedagogical Beliefs of Pre-service Teachers towards Teaching Physical Science at the Secondary Level. Journal of Indian Education, 46(2), 7-21.
- Kumar, A. & Behera, L. (2020). Implementation of Government Public Policy for Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education: Towards Sustainable Development. “Sustainable Development and Education”, Discovery Publishing Houses Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 267-275.
- Kumar, A. & Behera, L. (2019). Examination reforms in India: Towards quality and excellence in higher education. New Delhi Publishers, New Delhi, 1-6.
- Kumar, A. (2018). Relevance and Quality of Higher Education in India towards Upward Mobility. “Reflection on Higher Education”, Raj Publications, New Delhi, 174-185.
- Kumar, A. (2018). Issues and Challenges Related to Preparing Teachers for Inclusive Schools in India. International Journal of Innovative Research Explorer, 5(3), 307-313.
- Kumar, A. (2018). Teacher Development: Towards Educational Leadership in 21st Century. Scholarly Research Journal for Humanity Science & English Language, VOL- 5/25, 7135-7142.
- Kumar, A. (2018). Teaching Effectiveness in Classroom Process: An Analysis. International Journal of Research Culture Society, 2(1), 228-232.
- Kumar, S. & Kumar, A. (2017). Practical Problems of Implementing RTE Act in Jharkhand at Elementary Level. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, Volume 6, Issue 10(4), 66-75.
- Kumar, A. (2017). Role of Yoga to Develop Spiritualism among Teenagers in the 21st Century. International Education & Research Journal, 3(8), 84-86.
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Life Time Individual Membership of AIAER (4175)
- Life Membership of IARA (082/2020)
- Life Time Individual Membership of IATE (A321)
- Recipient of NCERT Academic Scholarship during M.Ed.
- Young Emerging Lecturer Award by ESN Publications.