Dr. T. Senthil Vadivel
Present Position: Professor & Head (Civil Engineering)
Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering & Technology
- D. in Civil Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Tech. in Construction Engineering & Management, SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu
- B.A. in Human Resources Management, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
- S. in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Institute for Behavioral & Management Sciences, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu
Research Key Areas:
- Innovative & Sustainable Building Materials
- Rubberized Concrete Composite
- Concrete & Construction Technology
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Waste Management
- Recipient of International Distinguished Researcher of the Year 2020 in the Field of Innovative and Sustainable Construction Materials, International Research Awards instituted by World Research Council.
- Recipient of Best Researcher Award 2020 in the event Adamas Dialogue, Adamas University, Kolkata
- Selected for Outstanding Scientist Award 2019 in the 102nd International Research Awards in Engineering, Science and Management organized by IOSRD.
- Recipient of Best Faculty 2019 elected by the students of Adamas University, Kolkata
- Recipient of Best Paper Award 2019 in the National Conference on Advances in Science & Technology in Civil Engineering 24 -25, Jan 2019 at CVSR Engineering College, Hyderabad.
- Recipient of Outstanding Educator Award 2018 instituted by Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture (IGCCIA), Pune.
- Recipient of Global Outreach Education Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering 2018 instituted by REDINNO – Research, Development & Innovation Council, Jaipur.
- Recipient Best Paper Award 2015 in the Second International Conference on Concrete & Construction Technology, 3 -4, Dec 2015 and Published in Mc Graw Hill Education.
- Recipient Best Presentation Award 2015 in the International Conference on Recent Innovations on Engineering & Technology, 6, Sep 2015, IAETSD, New Delhi.
- Recipient of P. K. Das Memorial Best Faculty Award 2013 for Overall Best Performance in Civil Engineering in Southern Region by Nehru Group of Institutions, Coimbatore.
- Professor & Head (Civil Engineering) & Lead (Outcome Based Education), Adamas University, Kolkata, India – Jan 2019 – Till Date.
- Professor in Civil Engineering, Vidya Jyoti Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India – Aug 2018 – Jan 2019.
- Professor & Head (Civil Engineering), ACE Engineering College & Technical Advisor, ACE Engineering Academy, Hyderabad, India – Nov 2017 – Aug 2018.
- Professor & Head (Civil Engineering), Head (Research & Development) & Head (Career Counselling & Development), RVS Technical Campus, Coimbatore, India – June 2016 – Nov 2017.
- Professor & Head (Civil Engineering) & Head – Alumni Relations, Dr. NGP Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India – July 2013 – June 2016.
- Associate Professor & Head (Civil Engineering) & Head (Career Counselling & Development), KPR Institute of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore, India – Mar 2011 – July 2013.
- Assistant Professor & Head (Civil Engineering) & Lead (ISO Certification), Erode Sengunthar Engineering College, Erode, India – June 2009 – Mar 2011.
- Assistant Professor & Head (Civil Engineering), Mahendra Engineering College, Namakkal, India – June 2004 – June 2009.
- Project Manager, Noble Construction, Thanjavur, India – June 2002 – June 2004.
- Site Engineer, Sundar Sundaram Architectural Management Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore, India – June 2000 – June 2002.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of Research Papers Published in International Refereed Journals: 42
- Number of Research Papers Presented/Published in International/National Conferences: 88
- Number of Patents Published: 09
- Number of Book Chapters Published: 05 & Book Published: 01
- Number of Guest Lectures & Invited Talks Given: 125
For Details Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/159811
Selected Publication (s):
- Ghosh, B., Senthil Vadivel, T. (2022). Performance Analysis of Jute Fiber Reinforced Concrete Composite, Recent Advances in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 233, pp. 577 – 588, Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-0189-8_47.
- Das, B., Senthil Vadivel, T. (2022). Sediment Transport Modelling in Stream Flow by HEC-RAS Model—A State-of-the-Art, Recent Advances in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 233, pp. 481 – 491, Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-0189-8_39.
- Haldar, S., Senthil Vadivel, T., Das, S. (2022). Application of Waste Tyre Rubber Crumbs in Strengthening of Bituminous Roads, Recent Advances in Civil Engineering. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 233, pp. 493 – 504, Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-0189-8_40.
- Senthil Vadivel, Manjula Karmarkar & Smrity Maity (2021), “Fly Ash Based Rubberized Geopolymer Concrete – A State of Art Study for Eco-friendly Environment”, Journal of Chengdu University of Technology, Vol. 26, Issue 8. (UGC Care & Scopus Indexed; IF:2.75)
- Bidhan Ghosh, Senthil Vadivel (2021), “Performance Analysis of Bottom Ash as Aggregate Replacer in Cement Concrete”, Journal of Chengdu University of Technology, Vol. 26, Issue 8. (UGC Care & Scopus Indexed; IF:2.75)
- Arunkumar, G. E, Chandrasekaran, P, Senthil Vadivel. T (2020), “Effect of temperature stress on the strength properties of GGBS-based geopolymer concrete” Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 2144 – 2152 (Scopus, SCIE & WoS; Indexed: IF:0.692)
- Senthil Vadivel, E Giri Prasad Goud, S Nagarjuna, M Doddurani & AP Geethu (2018), “Behavioural Study on Self Curing Concrete Using Poly Ethylene Glycol and Silica Fume”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 7, Dec 2018, Special Issue 3.35, pp. 60-64. (Scopus Indexed; IF: 2.89)
- V. Arul Prakash, Dr. M. Natarajan, T. Senthil Vadivel & K. Vivek (2018), “Performance of Recycled Concrete Aggregate in Self Compacting Concrete”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 7, Dec 2018, Special Issue 3.35, pp. 1-4. (Scopus Indexed; IF: 2.89)
- Sivaraj, R. Sundararajan & T. Senthil Vadivel (2018), “Study on Strength and Deflection of Beams Using Metakaolin and Shredded Plastic Waste as Cement and Coarse Aggregate Replacer”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 7, Dec 2018, Special Issue 3.35, pp. 82-89. (Scopus Indexed; IF: 2.89)
- Thenmozhi, T. Senthil Vadivel, S. Muthuramalingam, V. Padmapriya (2018), “The Effect of Fly Ash in Geopolymer Concrete Poles – A Thriving Solid Waste Disposal Measure for Eco-friendly Environment”, i-manager’s Journal on Civil Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 7 – 14. (UGC Listed)
- Gopu Madhavan, P Navaneethakrishnan, T. Senthil Vadivel (2017), “Efficacy of Instructional Tools used by the Technical Education Teachers of Mechanical Stream”, Perspectivas em Ciencia da Informacao, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 273 – 288. (WoS Indexed)
- T Senthil Vadivel, M Doddurani (2016), “Structural Behaviour of Rubberized Concrete Composites-An Innovative Approach for Sustainable Waste Management”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol. 6, No. 10, pp. 378 -394.
- Ravi, R. Udhayasakthi, T. Senthil Vadivel (2016), “Enhancing the Clay Soil Characteristics Using Copper Slag Stabilization”, Journal of Advances in Chemistry, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 5725 – 5729.
- Senthil Vadivel, M. Doddurani, K.S. Shobana (2016), “An Experimental Study on Waste Plastic Aggregate Based Concrete – An Initiative towards Cleaner Environment” Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 552 – 556.
- Senthil Vadivel, R Thenmozhi, M Doddurani (2014), “Experimental behaviour of waste tyre rubber aggregate concrete under impact loading”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology. Transactions of Civil Engineering, Vol. 38, No. C1+, pp. 251 – 259. (Scopus, WoS & SCI Indexed; IF: 1.476)
- Senthil Vadivel. T, Thenmozhi, R., Doddurani, M. (2012), “Experimental study on waste tyre rubber reinforced concrete”, Journal of Structural Engineering (India), Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 291 – 299. (Scopus, WoS & SCI Indexed; IF:14)
- Senthil Vadivel. T, Thenmozhi, R. (2012), “Experimental Study on Waste Tyre Rubber Replaced Concrete – An Ecofriendly Construction Material”, Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 2966 – 2973 (Scopus, WoS & SCI Indexed; IF:13)
- Senthil Vadivel. T, Thenmozhi, R. (2011), “Experimental Behaviour of Concrete with Waste Tyre Rubber as Coarse Aggregate”, Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, Vol. 10, No.2, pp. 173 – 178 (Scopus, WoS & SCI Indexed; IF: 0.14)
- Organized 20 Sponsored Programmes (FDP, Conference, Workshop, Seminar, Summer/Winter Training Programmes and Symposia) with different funding agencies.
- Carried out Consultancy Projects worth Rs. 20 Lakhs over the period 15 Years which includes Construction Planning, Designing, Estimating, Quality Auditing and Material Testing.
- Received Erasmus + Project Mobility Grant of European Union to Visit Bath Spa University, UK from 22, May 2022 to 02, June 2022.
- Carrying out a Research Project on the Effect of Temperature Stress in the Strength Properties of Rubberized Concrete, Grant-in-Aid for SEED Fund Research project (ARISE scheme). Fund Sanctioned: 50,000/- (Project No: AU/R&D/SEED/33/03-2020-21) Ref: Registrar’s Notification Letter No: AU/REG/NOT/2021/04/003 dated 30th March, 2021.
- Submitted a Research Project on the Use of Waste Plastic for Eco-friendly and Sustainable Construction Material, Project budget: Rs. 38.00 Lakhs, M/s. Saltee Infrastructure , AE-40 Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064.
- Submitted a Research Proposal on Recycling of Waste Floral–An Effective Steps towards the Green Future, Project budget: Rs. 7.75 Lakhs, M/s. Saltee Infrastructure , AE-40 Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064.
- Working on a Lab Fabrication Project on Flow Net Model, Sanctioned under Cast Stone Project Scheme on 04, Dec 2020. 20,000/-.
- Fabrication of Impact Testing Machine Project is in progress which is Sanctioned under Cast Stone Project Scheme on 04, Dec Rs. 30,000/-.
- Completed a Consultancy Project on Appraisal Audit of Ware House, Nakashipara, West Bengal for Smrity Constech Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata 11.07.2021.
- The Method and System of Biogas Production from Cow Dung and Cabbage, Application No. 202041036232, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 36/2020 Dated 04/09/2020.
- A System and Method of Gravitational Transportation Between Hills / Buildings Through Telescopic Hydraulic System, Application No. 202041035348, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 36/2020 Dated 04/09/2020.
- Lemongrass Oil and its Blends for Agricultural Diesel Engine, Application No. 202031036818, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 38/2020 Dated 18/09/2020.
- A Modern Underground Conduit Cleaning Machine, Application No. 202021038621, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 38/2020 Dated 18/09/2020.
- IOT Based Predictive Model for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Application No. 202041044939, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 44/2020 Dated 30/10/2020.
- An IOT Based Traffic Signal Controller to Alert the Traffic Pole and Officers about the Emergency/Ambulance Vehicle Approaching the Traffic Cross, Application No. 202041045314, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 44/2020 Dated 30/10/2020.
- IOT Based Biometric System and Method for Automotive Applications, Application No. 202041046403, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 45/2020 Dated 06/11/2020.
- IOT Based Smart Cost Vegetables Washing Machine, Application No. 202031044346, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 06/2021 Dated 05/02/2021.
- Flow Net Model to Predict Flow Lines, Equipotential Lines, Seepage Pressure and Discharge, Application No.202231013934, Published in The Patent Office Journal No. 15/2022 Dated 15/04/2022.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 4 (Under Progress)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor: 15 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Editor-in-Chief, i-Manager’s Journal on Civil Engineering, i-Manager Publication which has been included in the UGC Approved List of Journals and EBSCO Hosted.
- Guest Editor, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 7, Special Issue 3.35, pp 74-81. (Scopus Indexed 2.89)
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, Middle East Journal Scientific Research, IDOSI Publications which has been listed in Anna University Annexure II update list 2016 and Scopus Indexed.
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, World Applied Sciences Journal, IDOSI Publications which has indexed in Scopus.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering and Construction Materials, Unique Pub International.
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovations (IJRSI), Research & Scientific Innovation Society.
- Reviewer in The Open Civil Engineering Journal, A Scopus Indexed Journal, Bentham Open, UAE
- Reviewer in the 5th International Conference on Civil Engineering and Urban Planning (CEUP 2016), 23 – 26, August 2016, Xi’an, China.
- Anna University, Chennai Recognized Supervisor for Ph.D. and M.S. Programmes (Ref. No. 2710013)
- Coordinated Accreditation Process of NAAC, NBA, NIRF, QS I-Gauge, ISO 9001 and other quality assessment agencies and achieved high ratings.
- Conference Review Committee Member for 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Construction Technologies and Advancements in Civil Engineering 2021, 14 -16, Oct 2021, Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women, Bhimavaram.
- Programme Committee Member in the International Conference on Economics, Management and Social Sciences, 8 – 9, Dec, 2015, Hangzhou, China
- Programme Committee Member in the International Conference on Energy, Environment and Earth Sciences, 12 – 13, Dec 2015, Hangzhou, China.
- Technical Programme Committee Member in the IEEE Conference No. 34921 – International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology & Science, 24 – 26, Feb 2016, Kings College of Engineering, Pudukkottai, Tamilnadu, India.
- Review Committee Member in the International Conference on Water Resources and Environment, 23 – 26, July 2016, Shanghai, China.
- Review Committee Member in the International Conference on Water Resources and Environment, 28, July 2015, Shanghai, China.
- Reviewed a book written by a renowned author Dr. K. Subramanian, entitled “Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures” published by Oxford University Press, New Delhi
- Reviewed a book on “Geotechnical Engineering”, Pearson Publication, New Delhi
- Review Committee Member in the International Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Analysis, Science PG, USA
- Reviewer in The Journal of Solid Waste Technology & Management, Widener University, USA
- Reviewer in Computers and Concrete – An International Journal, Techno Press, Korea
- Review Committee Member in Education Journal, SciencePG, USA
- Review Committee Member in University of Maurities Research Journal
- Chief Editorial Board Member in International Journal on Engineering Technology and Sciences (IJETS)
- Advisory Board Member in i-manager’s International Conference on Engineering and Technologies (IICET 2015), March 2015, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- Advisory Board Member for the International Conference going to be held at King College of Technology, Thanjavur.
- Panel Member for Staff Selection Committee at Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering & Technology, Sankari, Salem.