Dr. Tanima Banerjee
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Economics and Commerce, School of Business & Applied Economics
- PhD (Economics), University of Calcutta
- Phil (Economics), University of Calcutta
- Sc in Applied Economics, Presidency College, University of Calcutta
Research Key Areas:
- Development Economics
- Labour Economics
- Labour Economics Award for Young South Asian Scholars – Received for the research paper entitled “Impacts of Vocational Education and Training on Employment and Wages in Indian Manufacturing Industries- Variations across Social Groups: Empirical Evidences from 68th Round NSSO Data” presented during a Symposium held on 26th October, 2015 at New Delhi organized by SARNET (South Asia Research Network) in collaboration with ILO (International Labour Organisation), United Nations ESCAP and IDRC Canada.
- The D.R. Gadgil Memorial Annual Prize for the most outstanding article published in it by a single author below the age of 40 years be awarded to you for your article entitled “Occupational Choice in Developing Countries: Self-Employment versus Wage Employment- A Conceptual Framework” (Vol. LXIII, No. 4, December 2021, pp. 333-359).
- Assistant Professor, Adamas University, India, February 2019- Till Date.
- Teaching Assistant in University of Calcutta (April, 2014 – January, 2019)
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in Peer-Reviewed/Scopus/ABDC/UGC Care Listed Journals: 2
Selected Publication (s):
- Banerjee, T. Impacts of Vocational Education and Training on Employment and Wages in Indian Manufacturing Industries: Variation across Social Groups—Empirical Evidences from the 68th Round NSSO Data, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics (Springer), Volume 59, Issue 4, December 2016, Pages 489-509. 10.1007/s41027-017-0074-3
- Banerjee, T. Occupational Choice in Developing Countries: Self-employment versus Wage Employment- A Conceptual Framework. Artha Vijnana (GIPE), Vol. LXIII, No. 4, December 2021, pp. 333-359. 10.21648/arthavij/2021/v63/i4/210587
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 2 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Junior Research Fellowship (UGC-NET JRF), University Grant Commission, India, 2014, upgraded to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) in 2016.