Ms. Moumita De Das
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Journalism, School of Media & Communication
- Phil Qualifying Examination in International Relations from (Jadavpur University)
- M.A. (International Relations) from (Jadavpur University)
- M.A in Journalism & Mass Communication from (OSOU)
- Diploma in Journalism from (Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan)
- 12-month BBC Media Training Programme (BBC’s iLearn system) from Danish School of Journalism, (Dublin City University and the Indian Institute of Mass Communication)
Research Key Areas:
- Gender Issues/LGBTQA Issues
- International Affairs/South Asian Affairs
- Print Media
- New Media/ Social Media/Blogging
- Media Laws/Child Rights/Women Rights
- Participated in Presented research paper in the month of August 2021, ‘An empirical study on how COVID-19 surged CSAM globally? – The road ahead’ at the International Conference on The Developing World and the COVID-19 Pandemic: Issues, Challenges and Policy Responses from 21-23 August, 2021 conducted by Department of International Relations, Jadavpur University, Kolkata on online mode.
- Participated in Presented research paper in the month of JULY 2021, ‘Delineation of Women in Media Coverage through Newspaper Extracts’ at ICAN 2020 organised by DME Media School, New Delhi on online mode.
- Participated in Presented research paper in the month of JUNE, 2020 entitled ‘INDIAN WEB SERIES – A STUDY OF PARADIGM SHIFT IN GENDER ROLES AND TRADITIONAL TELEVISON VIEWING’ at ICAN 2020 organised by DME Media School, New Delhi on online mode.
- Presented research paper entitled ‘An Ode to Rainbow – LGBTQ Rights’ in a 3-day International Conference ‘Harmony in Society and Environment’ organized by School of Social Sciences, Adamas University, Kolkata in collaboration with Institute of Cross-Cultural Studies and Academic Exchange, NC, USA & Center for the Study of Religion and Society, JU held on 7-9 January, 2020.
- Presented a paper titled ‘The Modes of Digital Storytelling in the Context of Shaping Young Minds’ in the 2nd Global Summit on Education (India) held on 6-7 December 2019 at Adamas University
- Presented a research paper titled ‘Indian Media’s recent perspective on Indo-Nepal bilateral relations – Opportunities and Challenges’ in the 2-day International Conference on “India-Nepal Relations: Rejuvenation of Bilateral Ties in the 21st century by Kolkata Society for Asian Studies (KSAS) in collaboration with Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi and in association with Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Kolkata & Buddha Air, Kathmandu held on 23-24 September, 2019.
- Presented a research paper ‘Indian Media’s perspective on BIMSTEC – Opportunities and Challenges’ in a two-day international conference on “Revitalizing BIMSTEC: Promoting Peace Through Economic Integration” organized by the Department of Peace and Conflict Studies and Management, School of Social Sciences, Sikkim University, Gangtok, Sikkim in joint collaboration with ICSSR –New Delhi and ICSSR-NERC, Shillong during 14-15 March, 2019.
- Presented a research paper in Absentia ‘Storytelling in the Context of Keeping Alive the Indian Traditions’ in a two-day international conference on ‘The Future of Storytelling-Global Multidisciplinary Emergence -2019’ held at Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune held on March 14 & 15, 2019
- Presented a research paper presented in the technical session ‘Media, Women and Human Rights’ of the Y-Factor International Media Seminar 2019 on “Media & Society” organized by NSHM School of Media & Design on 8 & 9 March, 2019
- Presented a research paper in Absentia ‘The depiction of Women in Contemporary Bengali Soaps in Regional Television Channels’ in the two-day National Conference on “Women in Regional Television Channels” on 7 & 8 March, 2019 at Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Presented a research paper ‘Role of Indian Media in the Context of Supreme Court Verdict on Section 377’ at 2nd NATIONAL MEDIA CONCLAVE on ‘Communication for Development’, organized by Institute of Media Studies (IMS), Bhubaneswar, 21-23 November, 2018.
- Presently associated as an Assistant Professor of Department of Journalism, School of Media and Communication (SOMC), Adamas University, Kolkata since July 2018. Being an interdisciplinary teacher is also associated with School of Law and Justice (SOLJ), SOLACS Adamas University
- Invited as a Visiting Professor (online) at MAKAUT, Kalyani Campus to teach M.Sc. in Media Science.
- August, 2017 – December, 2019: Visiting Faculty with NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata in the department of Media Science in both UG & PG courses under MAKAUT/WBUT
- July’ 2014-Mar’2016: iLead, Topsia under MAKAUT/WBUT as PROGRAM HEAD (UG), Department of Media Science.
- August 2012-June 2014: Techno India Group, Salt Lake under WBUT/MAKAUT as Guest Faculty, Department of Media Science mentored B.Sc. students
- February 2010 – July 2013: As Guest Faculty of Mass Communication at Inter-National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD), Lindsay Branch under Annamalai University
- August 2010 – August 2011: As full time Senior Lecturer of Mass Communication at AMS School of Management under Punjab Technical University (PTU)
- Aug’06 – Jan’07: Sikkim Manipal University, Gariahat Branch as Guest Faculty of Journalism
- PRINT JOURNALISM
- Feb’2020 -Jan 2021 Editorial Consultant at International Justice Mission, Kolkata
- May’ 09- Dec’ 10 Freelance Contributing Editor at EFY News Network
- Freelance Contributing Editor at The Exhibit
- Nov’06 – Apr’09 Electronics For You (EFY News Network) as Correspondent, Kolkata
- Mar’05- May’06 Calcutta Times, The Times of India as Copy Editor cum Correspondent
- Mar’04- Feb’05 Hindustan Times as Journalist
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 1
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: None
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 3 (2 in process)
For details, visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/163701
Selected Publication (s):
- A journal article on ‘An interview of Debesh Chattopadhyay’ published in a peer-reviewed online international journal, Theatre Street Journal edited by Dr. Sourav Gupta Vol 6 No. 1 (15th June Issue, 2022)
- A book chapter on ‘The Delineation of Women in Media Coverage through Newspaper Extracts’ published in ‘Advertising, Gender and Social Media’ edited by Dr Kiran Bala and Dr Ritika Saxena, published by Kanishka Publishers, New Delhi, June 2022, ISBN: 978-93-91450-47-2
- A book chapter on ‘An ode to Rainbow – LGBTQ Rights’ along with student co-writer, Shatakshi Ganguly, published in ‘Advertising, Gender and Social Media’ edited by Dr Kiran Bala and Dr Ritika Saxena, published by Kanishka Publishers, New Delhi, June 2022, ISBN: 978-93-91450-47-2
- A book chapter on ‘Indian Web Series – Revolutionising the Portrayal of Indian Women in Mainstream Media’ along with co-author, Swati Chandak published in ‘OTT Platforms & Digital Media’ edited by Dr. Vipul Partap and Rahul Mittal, published by Ishaan Arts and Production, 2022, ISBN: 978-81-955011-1-3
- A journal article on ‘An interview of Ranjan Bose (On Purush-Ranis of Bengal theatre’ published in a peer-reviewed online international journal, Theatre Street Journal edited by Dr. Sourav Gupta Vol 5 No. 1 (27th March Issue, 2021)
- A book chapter published in ‘GENDER DISCOURSE AND YOUTH IN MEDIA’ edited by Dr. Sushmita Bala published by Kanishka Publishers, New Delhi, June 2020
- A book chapter published by IIMC Dhenkanal edited by Dr. Mrinal Chatterjee and Sambit Pal on ‘Humour in times of COVID-19’, July 2020
- A book chapter on ‘The depiction of Women in Contemporary Bengali Soaps in Regional Television Channels’ in ‘Woman in Indian Regional Television Channels’ edited by Dr. Nisha Pawar, HOD, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
- A journal article ‘The nouveau variants of Media during Covid-19 marks the watershed in Communication and Culture’ published in Centurion Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Volume 10 Number 2 April-September 2020.
- A journal article published by Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research on ‘The Challenges of Storytelling in the Context of keeping alive the Indian Tradition’, June 2019
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor: 2 (Awarded)
- Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Chief Editor/Project Supervisor: Student portal of School of Media and Communication, Adamas University (www.journapost.com)
- Consulting Editor for International Justice Mission (IJM), Kolkata (Feb 2020-Jan 2021)