Dr. Anu Rai
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Geography, School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- Ph.D (Geography – Science), University of Kalyani
- Sc. in Geography, Presidency College, University of Calcutta
- B.Sc. in Geography, University of Calcutta
Research Key Areas:
- Spatial Analysis
- Medical Tourism
- Healthcare Accessibility
- Health Policy
- Behavioural studies
- Book authored on Medical Tourism in Eastern India, ISBN 978-3-319-73271-8, Springer International Publishing, (2019) recognised and listed at the library of University of Queensland and Victorian Government Library Services, Australia.
- GSDEO Best Paper Award – 2021
- Assistant Professor, Geography, School of Basic and Applied Sciences – (Sr. Grade). Adamas University, India. 2018 –
- Assistant Professor, Geography, School of Basic and Applied Sciences – Adamas University, India. 2016 – 2018
- Guest Faculty – Geography, School of Science, Adamas University, India, 2015-2016
- Visiting Faculty, Geography, JIS University, University of Calcutta, 2016
- Visiting Faculty, Geography, Asutosh College, University of Calcutta, 2015 – 2016
- Visiting Faculty, Bhangar Mahavidyalaya, University of Calcutta, 2015 – 2016
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 10
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 5
- Number of Invited Book-Chapters: 02, Monograph: 01; Edited Book: 01
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/162158
Selected Publication (s):
- Tanmoy Biswas and Anu Rai (2022.forthcoming), Medical Travel from North – East India: An assessment of domestic medical tourists’ travel profile and experience, Asian Geographer, Accepted.
- Sanjana Dey, Debosmita Routh, Anu Rai (2022.forthcoming). A Geographical Study on Covid-19 Vulnerabilities in Asian-Pacific Region, IOP, Earth and Environmental Science 2022.
- Sarani Roy, Anu Rai (2022.forthcoming), The Quest For Quality Healthcare Services – What We Can Learn from a Settlement Based Case Study?, IOP, Earth and Environmental Science 2022.
- Sonai Hazra, Suman Chatterjee, Anu Rai (2022.forthcoming), Environmental Stress and Health Vulnerability Assessment around Kolaghat Thermal Power Plant, West Bengal, IOP, Earth and Environmental Science 2022.
- Anu Rai and Sanjali Das (2022). Religious Tourism in the Age of Commodification and Reconstruction of Heritagescapes: A Neighborhood-Based Study along the Stretch of River Hooghly, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India, in Advances in Urbanism, Smart Cities, and Sustainability, (eds). Uday Chatterjee, Arindam Biswas, Jenia Mukherjee, Sushobhan Majumdar, pp. 59-90, 1st Edition, E Book ISBN9781003126195. CRC Press, Boca Raton. 10.1201/9781003126195-5.
- Tanmoy Biswas, & Anu Rai (2022). Domestic medical tourists from north-east to south India: An ethnographic investigation. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S2), 2664–2660. https://doi.org/10.53730/ijhs.v6nS2.5788
- Anu Rai (2019). “Medical Tourism in Kolkata, Eastern India”, ISBN 978-3-319-73271-8, Springer International Publishing, 2019. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-73272-5. t https://www.springer.com/in/book/9783319732718
- Anu Rai, Evaluating The Image Of Healthcare Hubs Online – A Cross Sectional Analysis Of Google And Face Book Reviews Of Private Hospitals Of Kolkata, Eastern India, The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences., XLII-5, 893-899, https://doi.org/10.5194/isprs-archives-XLII-5-893-2018 , 2018.
- Anu Rai, Chakrabarty P, and A Sarkar “A Quantitative Appraisal of the Level of Satisfaction of the Medical Tourists in Kolkata, West Bengal” Indian Journal of Spatial Science ISSN 2249-3921 eISSN 2249-4316 3, Vol. 7, no. 2 (2016): 08 – 17, available at http://www.indiansss.org/
- Anu Rai, Chakrabarty P, and Sarkar A. “Forecasting the Demand for Medical Tourism in India.” IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845, Vol. 19 , no. 11 (1) (November 2014 ): 22 – 30 available at: http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/pages/19(11)Version-1.html
- Anu Rai, Chakrabarty P, and A Sarkar. “Globalization and Medical Tourism: A Spatial Study.” The Indian Journal of Spatial Science, ISSN 2249-3921 eISSN 2249-4316 3 Vol. 5, no. 1 (2014 (a)): 4 – 23 available at http://www.indiansss.org/pdf/pdfset-14/issueset-15/3_Anu_IJSS.pdf
- Anu Rai, Sarkar A. “Workplace Culture and Status of Women Construction Labourers: A Case Study in Kolkata, West Bengal.” Indian Journal of Spatial Science, ISSN 2249-3921 eISSN 2249-4316 3, no. 2 (2012): 42 – 49 available at: http://www.indiansss.org/pdf/pdfset-8/issueset-10/Art_026.pdf
- Seed Research Grant from the ARISE, as PI for the project on the “Restoration to Revitalization: Modelling Post-COVID Medical Tourism Economy of Kolkata”, INR 200, 000/ funded by Adamas University, 2021 – 2023.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 3 (Under progress)
- Post Graduate/Under Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 13 (8 Awarded, 5 Under progress)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Editor, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science – GSDEO 2021
- Reviewer for journals: Geo Journal (Springer); Earth and Environmental Science (IOP)