Dr. Anirudha Dutta
Present Position: Assistant professor
Department of Biological sciences, School of Life science and Biotechnology
- Ph.D Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- M.Tech. in Biotechnology and biochemical engineering (IIT Kharagpur)
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry, Kalyani University
Research Key Areas:
- Microbial Biochemistry
- Protein X-ray crystallography
- Structure based determination of new antimicrobial drug target against Staphylococcus aureus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Structure and mechanism of amyloid fiber formation.
- In-silico analysis of structure and function of bacterial proteins.
- Assistant professor, Adamas University, India, 2021-
- Post-doctoral fellow, University of Delaware, USA (2017-2021)
- Post-Doctoral fellow, Rutger University, USA (2017)
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 12
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/227435
Selected Publication (s):
- Dutta A, Batish M, Parashar V. (2021) Structural basis of KdpD histidine kinase binding to the second messenger c-di-AMP. Biol. Chem. 296; 100771
- Xia P, Dutta A, Gupta K, Batish M, Parashar V. (2022) Structural basis of cyclic oligoadenylate binding to the transcription factor Csa3 outlines crosstalk between Type-III & Type-I CRISPR systems. J Biol Chem 2022 Jan 14;101591. (doi: 10.1016/j.jbc.2022.101591).
- Dutta A, Bhattacharyya S, Dutta D, Das AK. (2014) Structural elucidation of the binding site and mode of inhibition of Li+ and Mg2+ in inositol monophosphatase. FEBS Journal 281, 5309–5324
- Gregory GJ, Dutta A, Parashar V, Boyd EF. (2020) Investigations of dimethylglycine (DMG), glycine betaine (GB) and ectoine uptake by a BCCT family transporter with diverse substrate specificity in Vibrio species. J Bacteriol. doi: 10.1128/JB.00314-20
- Dutta A; Btattacharyya S; Kundu A; Dutta D; Das AK. (2016) Macroscopic Amyloid Fiber formation by Staphylococcal Biofilm Associated SuhB protein. Biophysical Chemistry. 217, 32–41
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- National postdoctoral fellowship (NPDF) 2017 from SERB, Govt. India