Dr. Biswajit Dash
Present Position: Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences
- Ph.D (Pharmacy), Department of Pharmacy (Faculty of Engineering), under Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), IIT, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Uttar Pradesh.
- B.Pharm, Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Research Key Areas:
- Molecular Design
- Synthesis and characterisation of Heterocyclic compounds
- Isolation of phytoconstituents from natural resources.
- Neuropharmacological screening and anti-cancer activity
- Docking studies, QSAR studies of Pyrazoline derivatives
- Synthesis, characterisation and MAO inhibition of Pyrazoline derivatives
- Molecular designing of Quinazoline Pharmacophore
- Synthesis, characterisation and neuropharmacological and anticancer screening of novel Quinazoline derivatives
- Immunomodulatory potentiality of Quercetin derivatives
- Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, SoMS, Adamas University,Kolkata, West Bengal India, 2022 till date.
- Previously working as Professor cum Principal at NEPEDS College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Beltola, Guwahati, Assam from 2020 to 2022.
- Previously working as an Associate Professor and Researcher at Himalayan Pharmacy Institute (HPI), Majhitar, Sikkim from 2019 – 2020.
- Previously working as Assistant Professor and Researcher at Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Pharmaceutical Science (GIPS), Azara, Guwahati, Assam from 2010 to 2019.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Journal Scopus Index: 35
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 06, Books : 05
Selected Publication (s):
- Das, M. Dhanawat, B. Dash, R.C. Nagarwal, S.K. Shrivastava. Codrug: An Efficient approach for drug optimisation. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2010; 41: 571–588. (Impact factor:4.384)
- Nirupam Das, Biswajit Dash, Meenakshi Dhanawat, Sushant Kumar Shrivastava. Design, synthesis, preliminary pharmacological evaluation, and docking studies of pyrazoline derivatives. Chemical Papers (Sringer) 2012; 66 (1) 67–74. (Impact factor:2.16)
- Biswajit Dash, Suvakanta Dash, Damiki Laloo, Design and Synthesis of 4-Substituted Quinazoline Derivatives for their Anticonvulsant and CNS Depressant Activities. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science 2017; 9(1):165-172. (Impact factor:0.51)
- Biswajit Dash, Suvakanta Dash, Damiki Laloo, Chitarni Medhi. Design, Synthesis and Preliminary Pharmacological Screening (antimicrobial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity) of Some Novel Quinazoline Derivatives. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 2017; 7(6):83-96. (Impact factor:0.53)
- Uttam Borah, Biswajit Dash. Chemotherapy of Leishmaniasis: A review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2017; 10(8):1-6. (Impact factor: 0.65).
- Uttam Borah, Biswajit Dash, Jashabir Chakraborty And Biswajit Das. Formulation, Optimization And In-Vitro Evaluation of Diclofenac Sodium Loaded Sustained Release Matrix Tablet Containing Both Natural and Semi-Synthetic Polymers. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2018; 9(7): 1000-1008. (Impact factor: 0.19).
- Uttam Borah, Biswajit Dash, Jashabir Chakraborty. Assessment of Periodic Dissimilarity of Phytochemical and Anti-diarrheal Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Psidium Guajava Linn (Myrtaceae) Leaves Using Wistar Albino Rats. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2018; 11 (1), 431-435. (Impact factor:0.65)
- Bikash Gupta. Biswajit Dash, Sujata Paul, Aditya Jyoti Bora. Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Review, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2018; 11 (9), 46-52. (Impact factor:0.65)
- Bramhajit Chatterjee, Biswajit Dash , Bhupendra Shrestha and Nihar Ranjan Bhuyan, Current Scenarios on Regulatory Landscape of Indian Pharmaceutical Industries, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.2021; 12(11): 5642-5651.
- Ankita Wal, Pranay Wal , Ashutosh Pandey , Himangi Vig , Rohini Karunakaran, Biswajit Dash, Conventional treatment options and herbal remedies for male infertility: An overview, Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction, 2022; 11(4): 158-164, Wolters Kluwer Medknow Publication (Impact factor: 1.479).
- Biswajit Dash, Rupshikha Malakar , Vasundhara Saxena , Soma Das , Vivek Barik , Piyali Khamkat, Potential of Statins In Risk Reduction And Cancer Prevention: Current Scenario And Future Perspective, Journal of Pharmaceutical Negative Results, 2022; 13 (7): 1771-1779.
- Biswajit Dash, Thulasingam Muthukumaran, C Kavitha , Sabbathyan Balla, Clement Atlee W, J GomathiRole of Probiotics in gastrointestinal disorders: An updated perspective based on evidence, Current Probiotics, Bentham Science Publishers (Accepted).
- Research Proposal Scheme (RPS), AICTE, Govt. of India, of the topic entitled “Entrapment of natural material for microparticulate drug delivery to enhance immune function” of Rs/- 24, 00,000 (Twenty Four Lakhs) in 2013.
- Departmental Research Project, GIPS, of the topic entitled “Molecular docking, synthesis, anti-HIV and anti-microbial activity of novel quinazoline derivatives of Rs/- 50,000/-(Fifty thousand) in 2018.
- Grant-in-Aid for SEED Fund Research project, AdamasUniversity, of the topic titled “Set up of insectary facility for the design and optimization of herbal-based cocktail as mosquito repellent” of Rs/- 50,000/-(Fifty thousand) in 2022.
- A Poly-Herbal Drug and a Method For Formulating For The Poly-Herbal Drug For A Treatment of Diabesity, Australian Patent, Application Number: 2021106642, 2021.
- A System For Developing A Neuroactive Polyherbal Formulation, German Patent, Application No:20220100490,2022
- A herbal Mosquito repellent diffusing composition, German Patent, Application No:20220103133,2022
- Novel 2-Benzylbenzo[d]thiazole-6-sulphnamide formulation as potential anti-inflammatory agent, German Patent, Application No:202020104556 ,2022.
- P2X4 receptor structural modification for treatment of multiple sclerosis, German patent, Application No: 202022106799.6
- Bioinformatics Platform for Identification of Quercetin Derivatives as Immunity Booster Molecules against Sars Cov-2, South African Patent, Application no: 21/01 2022/00131, 2022.
- A cow dung based anti-radiation sheet and method of preparation thereof, Indian Patent, Application no:202211054657 A, 2022
- Pharmaceutical Evaluation of Mucilage Polysaccharide From Chlorophytum Borivilianum Tubers, Indian Patent, Application No: 202211012584 A, 2022
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Awarded as Best Teacher, (Excellency for the contribution to teaching) on National Pharmacy Week celebration held at Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Azara, Guwahati in 2011.
- Outstanding Scientist Award, In the International Scientist Awards on Engineering, Science and Medicine, held on 10 & 11-Sep-2021, Coimbatore, India, Organized by VDGOOD Professional Association.
- Journal Reviewer: Medicinal Chemistry Research (Springer),Current Medicinal Chemistry (Bentham Science), Medicinal Chemistry (Bentham Science), Chemical papers (Springer), Letters in organic Chemistry (Bentham Science), Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, International Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review.
- Journal Editor: Academic Editor of ‘Journal of Advances in Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Journal Brand Ambassador: Bentham Science
- Life Time Member of Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India and Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
- Qualified GATE conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore with 49 percentile and secured AIR-136 in 2008.