Dr. Divya Srivastava
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Science &
- PhD, Agricultural Biotechnology, (Acharya Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology)
- M.Tech. in Biotechnology , (Uttarakhand Technical University, India)
- B. Tech in Biotechnology, (Mangalayatan University, India)
Research Key Areas:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Plant protection
- Microbial Bioformulation
- Identified 10 strains of Agricultural important microorganisms (4 bacterial and 6 fungal strains).
- Received two Best Paper Presentation Awards in National and International Conference.
- Published overall 22 papers and book chapters at National and internal level platform.
- Assistant Professor, Adamas University, India, 2019- present
- Senior Research Fellow, ICAR- National bureau of Agriculrally Important Microorganisms , Govt. of India, 2018-2019 (1.8 years).
- Teaching Assistant at G. B. Pant Engineering College, Uttarakhand 2013-2015 (2 years)
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research and review papers published in peer-reviewed journals: 15
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 7
For Details, Visit: https://adamasuniversity.irins.org/profile/158992
Selected Publication (s):
- Mayank Srivastava, G. Phal dessai, Divya Srivastava, Pardeep Bishnoi, Pravin Singh, M.K.Sinha, “Thermal Analysis of Solar Air Heater by using Pebbles as an Absorber Material” AIP Conference Proceedings 2341, 030018 (2021);
https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0049969 Published Online: 13 May 2021
- Bhakta S., Banerjee S., Srivastava M., Srivastava D. (2021) Bioengineering of Plant System with CRISPR Technology: A Review Perspective. In: Mukherjee M., Mandal J., Bhattacharyya S., Huck C., Biswas S. (eds) Advances in Medical Physics and Healthcare Engineering. Lecture Notes in Bioengineering. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-6915-3_35
- Divya Srivastava*, Adesh Kumar, Ashutosh Tiwari, Praveen Tiwari, Nandan Singh, Jaswant Singh and Bhawana Mathur. “Phenotypic and biochemical characterization of microorganisms associated with the entomopathogenicity against Helicoverpa armigera and selection of best potent bacteria having insecticidal activity”. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 2019; 7(2): 10-13.
- Divya Srivastava* and Dr. Adesh Kumar “Investigation for the occurrence of endospore forming bacteria in rhizospheric soil having insecticidal activity against Helicoverpaarmigera : Microbial cells Based Bio-Insecticide” Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 2019; 7(1): 849-852
- Divya Srivastava* and Dr. Adesh Kumar “Study of endospore forming bacteria in rhizosphere soil having insecticidal activity against Helicoverpa armigera: Microbial cells based bio-insecticide” Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2019; 8(3): 43-46
- Divya Srivastava*, Mamta Baunthiyal, Adesh Kumar, ShambhooPrashad, Sanghmitra, and Sonam Singh (2018), “Effect of variable lead concentrations on biochemical properties of two varieties of Triticumaestivum L. (Wheat): A Comparative Study,” International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS), ISSN: 2319-7706 Special Issue-7 pp. 3106-3113.
- Divya Srivastava*, Mamta Baunthiyal, Adesh Kumar, KavitaYadav, DheerajYadav and Sharvan Kumar (2018), “Comparative study on the Effect of Different Lead Concentrations on Two varieties of Triticumaestivum L. (Wheat)”, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 7(1).
- Umesh Kumar Shukla, Adesh Kumar*, Divya Srivastava, Deepak Kumar (2015),” Evaluation of Diversity of Free Living Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria of Wheat Growth in Saline Soils”, The Bioscan: A supplement of Agronomy 10(1).
- Alam, S., Kumar, A., Kumar, A., Prasad, S., Tiwari, A., Srivastava, D., Srivastava, S., Tiwari, P., Singh, J. and Mathur, B., Isolation and Characterization of Pesticide Tolerant Bacteria from BrinjalRhizosphere. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 7, pp.4849-4859.
- Srivastava, D., Kumar, A., Singh, P.C., Srivastava, S., Srivastava, S., Tiwari, A., Tiwari, P., Mathur, B., Singh, J. and Kumar, A., 2017. Short Presentation of the Studies on Microbial Metabolites as Eco Friendly Insecticides against Halicoverpaarmigera. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 6(12), pp.3828-3832.
- Divya Srivastava and MamtaBaunthiyal (2015), ” The Status of Nanobiotechnology in India” Everyman’s Science Vol 1.
- Divya Srivastava, Ajeet Singh and MamtaBaunthiyal (2015) “Lead Toxicity and Tolerance in plant”. Journal of Plant Science and Research, vol 2.
- Srivastava D., Singh A. P. and Kumar A (2014), “Fossil Fuels Running out: Third Generation Micro Algal Biofuels Showing Light of Hope”, Open Access Library Journal. vol 1.
TEXT / REFERENCE BOOK CHAPTER PUBLICATION
- Divya Srivastava*, Adesh Kumar and Shambhoo Prasad (200), Biotechnology as the Tool to Develop Insect Resistant Transgenic Bt Crops In: Shambhoo Prasad, Biotechnology in food production And FOOD SECURITY, SHREE PUBLISHERS & DISTRIBUTORS NEW DELHI—110002. ISBN : 978–81–8329–997–8
- Divya Srivastava*, Adesh Kumar and Shambhoo Prasad (200), Role of Ribosome-Inactivating Proteins and Antifungal Proteins in Food Crops In: Shambhoo Prasad, Biotechnology in food production And FOOD SECURITY, SHREE PUBLISHERS & DISTRIBUTORS NEW DELHI—110002. ISBN : 978–81–8329–997–8
- Pooja Kannojia, Abhijeet S. Kashyap, Nazia Manzar, Divya Srivastava, Udai B. Singh, Sushil K. Sharma and Pawan K. Sharma (2020) Preservation of Fungal Culture with Special Reference to Mineral Oil Preservation. In: R. Goel et al. (eds.), Microbiological Advancements for Higher Altitude Agro-Ecosystems & Sustainability, Rhizosphere Biology, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020 ISBN 978-981-15-1901-7 pp: 433-445 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1902-4_21
- Divya Srivastava, Suchi Srivastava, Poonum C. Singh, A. Kumar (2019) Mechanisms of Biofilm Development, Antibiotic Resistance and Tolerance and Their Role in Persistent Infections. In: Ahmad I., Ahmad S., Rumbaugh K. (eds) Antibacterial Drug Discovery to Combat MDR. Springer, Singapore, ISBN 978-981-13-9871-1, pp: 115-130.
- Divya Srivastava, Adesh Kumar, Rajesh Kumar Kanaujia (2016), “Mechanism of Plant Growth Promoting Activity of Rhizobacteria Associated with Rhizosphere of Field Crops: A Review Perspectives”, Agricultural Strategies for Rural Development, Poddar Publication ISBN:978-93-84215-81-1.
- Divya Srivastava, Deepak Kumar, Adesh Kumar (2016), “BT- Based Insect pest Control in Agriculture: An Overview”, Innovation Technology for Sustainable Agriculture Development, Biotech Books Publication, ISBN 978-81-7622-375-1.
- N. K. Singh, S. K. Singh, A. Kumar, D. Srivastava(2016), “Role of Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria in the Management of Viral Diseases of Plants”, Agricultural Technology for Sustaining Rural Growth, Biotech Books Publication, ISBN 978-81-7622-381-2.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 0 (Under progress)
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 0 (Awarded)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor : 1 (Awarded)
- Under Graduate thesis : 7 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Best Oral Presentation Award (2018) at National Conference on Livelihood and Food Security (LFS-2018), 27th-28th January, 2018 organized by SAID and Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna-14.
- Best Oral Presentation Award (2017)at International Seminar on Farmer Centric Cinema, October 14-16, 2017 organized by ICAR-IISR, Lucknow and SVWS.
- Excellence in Research Award(2017) at International Conference on Advances in Agricultural & Applied Sciences for Promoting Food Security, May 13-15 2017 organized by Society for Agriculture Innovation and Development in Kathmandu, Nepal.