Dr. Manish Kumar Gautam
Present Position: Associate Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences
- D. (Pharmacology), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP
- PDCR- Clinical Research, Catalyst Clinical Services, Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Pharm (Pharmacology) from V.M. University, Salem, TN
- Pharm from M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly, UP
Research Key Areas:
- Metabolic diseases and Ulcer
- Molecular pharmacology
- Pre-clinical study
- Safety/toxicity study
- Worked as a Project Assistant II under DST Sponsored project entitled “Development of Herbal Formulation used in treatment of hepatic cellular carcinoma” in Pharmacology section, CSIR-National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
- Worked as Officer Drug Regulatory Affairs in Akums Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Limited, Uttarakhand, India & Laborate Pharmaceutical,India, Haryana, India.
- Worked as Research Associate for in Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varansi, India.
- Worked as Research Officer cum lecturer in Sri Sai Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Aligarh, India.
- Worked as Senior Researcher in Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 32
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 14
- Number of Book-Chapters: 5
- Books : 06
Selected Publication (s):
- MK Gautam, M Gangwar, SK Singh, RK Goel. Effects of Azardirachta indica on Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Cytokines in Diabetic Deep Wound, Planta Medica, 2015; 81:713-721. (Pubmed index, IF- 3.007)
- MK Gautam, S Goel, RR Ghatule, A Singh, G Nath, RK Goel. Curative effect of Terminalia chebula extract on AA-induced experimental colitis: Role of antioxidants, free radicals and acute inflammatory marker. Inflammopharmacology (2013) doi: 10.1007/s10787-012-0147-3. (Pubmed index, IF – 5.093)
- MK Gautam, Shalini Goel, RR Ghatule, A Singh, VK Joshi, RK Goel. Azadirachta indica Attenuates Colonic Mucosal Damage in Experimental Colitis Induced by Trinitrobenzene Sulfonic Acid. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2013, 602-606. (Pubmed index, IF – 0.97)
- MK Gautam, RR Ghatule, A Singh, V Purohit, M Gangwar, Mohan Kumar, RK Goel. Study of healing effects of extract of Aegle marmelos fruit on experimental colitis. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (2012) Vol-51, 157-164. (Pubmed index, IF – 1.29)
- MK Gautam, V Purohit, M Agarwal, A Singh, RK Goel. In-Vivo Healing Potential of Aegle marmelos in Excision, Incision and Dead Space Wound Models. The Scientific World Journal (2014). PMID:24737990. doi.org/10.1155/2014/740107. (Pubmed index, IF – 2.8)
- MK Gautam and RK Goel. Toxicological study of Ocimum sanctum leaves: Hematological, biochemical and histopathological studies. Journal of Toxicology (2014). PMID:24616736. doi.org/10.1155/2014/135654. (Pubmed index)
- RR Ghatule, MK Gautam, S Goel, A Singh, VK Joshi, RK Goel. Protective effect of Aegle marmelos on trinitobenzene sulfonic acid induced colitis in rats. Pharmacognosy Magazine 2014; 10:S147-52. PMID: 24914296 (Pubmed index, IF – 1.59)
- S Murthy, MK Gautam, S Goel, V Purohit, H Sharma, RK Goel. Evaluation of In-Vivo Wound Healing Activity of Bacopa monniera on Different Wound Model in Rats. Biomed Research International (2013). doi.org/10.1155/2013/972028. (Pubmed index, IF – 3.246)
- M Kumar, MK Gautam, A Singh, RK Goel. Healing effects of Musa sapientum paradisiaca in diabetic rats with co-occurring gastric ulcer: Cytokines and growth factor by PCR amplification. BMC Complimentary and Alternative Medicine 2013, 13:305. (Pubmed index, IF – 3.65)
- MK Gautam, A Gupta, M Vijaykumar, CV Rao, RK Goel. Studies on the hypoglycemic effects of Murraya paniculata extract on alloxan-induced oxidative stress in diabetic and non-diabetic models. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease (2012) S186-S191.
- MK Gautam, M Gangwar, G Nath, CV Rao, RK Goel. In-vitro antibacterial activity on human pathogens and total phenolic, flavonoid contents of Murraya paniculata (L.) leaves. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine (2012) S1660-1664. (IF- 1.54)
- M Gangwar, MK Gautam, G Nath, RK Goel. Mallotus philippinensisMuell. Arg fruit glandular hairs extract promotes wound healing on different wound model in rats, BMC Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, 2015: 123: 1-9. (IF-3.65)
- M Gangwar, MK Gautam, A Sharma, YB Tripathi, RK Goel, G Nath. Antioxidant Capacity and radical scavenging effect of Mallotus philippinensis Fruit Extract on Human Erythrocytes: an In Vitro Study, The Scientific World Journal, 2014; 1-12. (Pubmed index, IF-1.23)
- A Gupta, MK Gautam, RK Singh, MV Kumar, ChV Rao, RK Goel and Shampa Anupurba. Suppressive effect of Moringa oleifera extract on cyclophosphamide induced toxicity in mice. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (2010); 48: 1157-60. (Pubmed index, IF – 1.29)
- M Gangwar, MK Gautam, S Ghildiyal, G Nath, RK Goel. Pharmacological evaluation of Mallotus philippinensis(Lam.) Muell.-Arg. fruit hair extract for anti-inflammatory, analgesic and hypnotic activity, J Intercult Ethnopharmacol (2016); 5(1): 14–21.
- M Gangwar, VC Verma, MK Gautam, G Nath. Isolation and Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activities of Endophytic Fungal Extract from Mallotus philippinensis Appli Micro Open Access (2015); 1: 103.
- M Bora, B. Srivastava, SN Gaidhani, H Sharma, MK Gautam, RK Tiwari, MM Wanjari, Shruti Khanduri, J Hazra. Development of a Novel polyherbal formulationfor augmenting milk production in healthy dairy cows. J Drug Res Ayurvedic Sci 2019;4(2):84-94.
- Pallavi S Jamadagni, SD Pawar, S Jamadagni, MK Gautam, SN Gaidhani, GP Prasad, AM Gurav. Recent updates in research on the Gymnemasylvestre. Pharmacognosy Review. 2021; 15(30):128-133.
- M Wanjari, M Yadav, YN Dey, D Sharma, B Srivastava, S Jamdagni, SN Gaidhani, MK Gautam,. Assessment of systemic toxicity of Laghu Vishagarbha taila, an Ayurvedic medicated oil formulation after dermal exposure. Toxicology Research, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1093/toxres/tfab104 [Impact factor 3.528].
- Medical Virtual Reality Device, Patent Application Number: 357534-001 (Cbr:212685), 2022
- A Single Point Wearable Device for Isolation of the Patients having Infectious Diseases Including COVID-19, Patent Application Number: 2021105614, 2022
- An AI based screening method for a detection and automated isolation of a Covid-19 positive patient, Patent Application Number: 2021104487, 2022
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- D. (Ay.) Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 1 (Under progress)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
Member of Scientific societies:
- Indian Pharmacological Society (Membership No.- LG 286) Life Member
- World Society of Anti aging Medicine (International Member)
- Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Association of India (MAPAI) (Membership No.- 346) Life Member)
- Pharmacy Council of India, Uttar Pradesh (Reg. no.- 59994)
- International Association of Oncology (Membership ID: PM78045361; Annual Member)
Editorial board Member:
- SM Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences
- World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Reviewer in Journals:
- Journal of Drug Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (Ministry of AYUSH)
- Journal of Pharmacopuncture
- Journal of Exploratory Research in Pharmacology
- Natural Product Research
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature