Dr. Micah K. Thambi
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Language and Literature, School of Liberal Arts and Culture Studies
- Ph.D (English & Comparative Literature), Central University of Kerala
- M.A (English Language and Literature), University of Calicut, Kerala
- B.A (English & History), University of Calicut
Research Key Areas:
- Post-Millennial Indian English literature
- Popular Literature and Comics
- Bhasha Literature and Translation
- Literature and Visual Narratives
- Malayalam Cinema and Culture
- Presented a paper titled “She holds the sword too‚”: Understanding the neo-nationalist womanhood in contemporary Indian English myth-fiction” at Dublin City University’s 4th Annual South Asia Conference, Ireland India Institute, Dublin, Ireland.
- Presented a paper titled “The ‘Face’ of the Book: Conceptualizing Contemporary Indian English ‘Book Trailers” at Print Modernities: An International Conference organized by CPRACSIS Kerala, India.
- Presented a paper titled “Cartooning the Masculine: Reading Chhota Bheem and Role No. 21” at Men and Masculinities in South India organised by Forum to Engage Men – FEM, EKTA – Resource Centre for Women, Media Research Forum and Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- Participated in an International Workshop titled “Roland Barthes: Today, Here” organized by the Dept. of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Delhi on 10-11 December 2015.
- Participated in the Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) workshop titled “Literature of Empire” offered by Prof. Gauri Viswanathan and organized by the Department of English and Comparative Literature in association with Centre for Theory and Criticism, Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod
- Participated in the 3-day workshop “The Shape of Time” on the transformation of urban and digital space, as a part of the project “Urban spaces” organized by Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor, St. Joseph’s University Bangalore (SJUB), Karnataka
- Faculty of English, Shaheen’s Falcon PU College, Mangalore
- Faculty, Communicative English, Accountants Academy (A KELTRON-Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Limited) Knowledge Centre-training partner.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 3
For more details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/286166
Selected Publication (s):
- Thambi, Micah K. (2019). “Imagining the ‘Other’: Threat and Paranoia in Contemporary Fictions.” Gnosis. Vol. 5, no. 3. ISSN: 2394-0131. pp 173-182.
- Thambi, Micah K. (2018). “The Spoon and the Sword: Warrior Women in Contemporary Indian Myth-fictions.” Humanities Circle. Vol.6, issue 1. ISSN: 2321-8010. pp 169-182.
- Thambi, Micah K. (2016). “Cartoon India: A Problematique of Recreating Myths.” Diotima’s. Vol. 7. ISSN: 2319-4189. pp 60-71.
- Awarded with National Film Archive of India (NFAI) Research Scholarship on Indian Cinema for 2018-19 for the project: Saints and the People, History, Politics and Aesthetic Genesis of Christian Social Films in Kerala.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 2 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Awarded with Puraskara 2021, for excellence and meritorious achievement in academics, by St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Bangalore,on 23 December 2021.