Dr. Moumita Gangopadhyay
Present Position: Associate Professor
Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Science and Biotechnology
- PhD (Science), Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Degree awarded by (Jadavpur University)
- Master of Technology (Biotechnology), (Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
- Master of Science (Agriculture), School of Agriculture, (University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
- Master in Business Administration- Executive (Agriculture and Rural management), Indian
- School of Business Management and Administration (ISBM).
Research Key Areas:
- Orchestrating the plant secondary metabolic biosynthetic pathway
- Development research for the production and commercialization of planting materials using soilless agriculture Hydroponics and aeroponics techniques
- Smart agriculture
- Invited speaker in training programme Organized by Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) Nodal Cell, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Kolkata, India. Innovation and Excellence in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2013)
- Invited speaker in training programme Organized by Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) Nodal Cell, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Kolkata, India. New insights into diseases and recent therapeutic approaches (2014)
- International travel grants by Phytochemical society of Europe (PSE), 2009
- International travel grants DST, India, 2009
- International travel grants CSIR, India, 2009
- Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology (2019-till), Department of Biotechnology, Adamas University, Barasat, West Bengal, India;
- Assistant Professor (2017- 2019), Department of Biotechnology, Adamas University, Barasat, West Bengal, India;
- Senior Scientist (2015- 2017), Krishi Rasayan Private Limited, WB, India
- Senior Research Officer, Biotechnology (2014- 2015), PAN Seeds Private, Limited, WB, India
- Senior Research Associate (2013–2014), Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Biophysics and Structural Genomics Division; Kolkata, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow (May2012 – Nov 2012), Genecology group, Plant tissue culture laboratory, University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2011 –2012), Genomics of Plant Stress Laboratory, Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (ITQB), UNL, Oeiras, Portugal
- Research Associate (2010 – 2011), Advanced Pharmacognosy Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, India
- Guest Lecturer in Post-graduate diploma in Agro-based Biotechnology (2008-2010) and M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology (2010-2012) in School of Agriculture and Rural development Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
Research Publication (s):
- Cumulative Impact Factor: 75; (Citations ~1000; H Index – 16; i10 index- 20: Google Scholar)
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 32
- Number of research papers published in international peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 2
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 1
Selected Publication (s):
- Saikat Dewanjee, Jayalakshmi Vallamkondu, Rajkumar Singh Kalra,†Pratik Chakraborty , Moumita Gangopadhyay, Ranabir Sahoo, Vijaykrishna Medala, Albin John, P. Hemachandra Reddy, Vincenzo De Feo and Ramesh Kandimalla. (2021). The Emerging Role of HDACs: Pathology and Therapeutic Targets in Diabetes Mellitus. Cells, 10, 1340. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells10061340
- Chakraborty, S. Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Hybrid Multi-Graphene/Si Avalanche Transit Time <h-ATT> Terahertz Power Oscillator: Theoretical Reliability and Experimental Feasibility Studies”, IEEE Transactions on Device Materials Reliability, , vol. 20, Issue 4, pp. 667 – 677, Article DOI: 10.1109/TDMR.2020.3018664, August, 2020
- Dewanjee S, Dua TK, Bhattacharjee N, Das A, Gangopadhyay M, Khanra R, Joardar S, Riaz M, De Feo V and Zia-Ul-Haq M (2017). Natural Products as Alternative Choices for P-Glycoprotein (P-gp) Inhibition (Molecules, 22(6), 871; doi:10.3390/molecules22060871).
- Gangopadhyay, M., Gantait, S., Palchoudhury, S., Ali, M., Mondal, C., Pal, A.K. (2016). UVC-priming mediated modulation of forskolin biosynthesis key genes against Macrophomina root rot of Coleus forskohlii-a tissue culture based sustainable approach. Phytochemistry Letters.
- Dewanjee, S., Gangopadhyay, M., Das, U., Sahu, R., Samanta, A., Banerjee, P. (2014). Signal transducer and oxidative stress mediated modulation of phenylpropanoid pathway to enhance rosmarinic acid biosynthesis in fungi elicited whole plant culture of Solenostemon scutellarioides. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 66:1-9.
- Gangopadhyay, M., Chakraborty, K., Dewanjee, S., Ali, N.M., Gupta, S.K. (2014). Continued foliar herbivory by the red spider mite Tetranychus macfarlenei on Plumbago zeylanica severely reduces the levels of a medicinally important metabolite in the root. Journal of Plant Interactions. 9:529-538.
- Gangopadhyay, M., Dewanjee, S., Chakraborty, D., Bhattacharya, S. (2011). Role of exogenous phytohormones on growth and plumbagin accumulation in Plumbago indica hairy roots and conservation of elite root clones via synthetic seeds. Industrial Crops and Products 33:445-450.
- Gangopadhyay, M., Dewanjee S., Bhattacharya, S. (2011). Enhanced plumbagin production in elicited Plumbago indica hairy root cultures. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering. 111:706-710.
- Gangopadhyay, M., Chakraborty, D., Dewanjee, S., Bhattacharya, S. (2010). Encapsulation and regeneration of in vitro derived Zephyranthes grandiflora: an effective way exchange of germplasm. Natural Product Communications 5:1273-1276.
- Dewanjee, S., Gangopadhyay, M., Das, U., Sahu, R., Khanra, R. (2014). Enhanced rosmarinic acid biosynthesis in Solenostemon scutellarioides culture: a precursor-feeding strategy. Natural Product Research. 28: 1691-1698.
- Gangopadhyay, M., Bhattacharyya, S., Chakraborty, D., Bhattacharya, S. (2010). Regeneration of transformed plants from hairy roots of Plumbago indica. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture. 102:109-114.
- Gangopadhyay Moumita, Das Anup Kumar, Bandyopadhyay Subhendu, and Das Samanwita (2020) Water Spinach (Ipomoea aquatica Forsk.) Breeding. Advances in Plant Breeding Strategies, Chap 27, Springer.
- “Development of source material for disease free breeder seed production in potato (Solanumtuberosum L)”, Funding agency: Bhadeshwar Agro Pvt. Ltd; Cost: 3, 0000 INR;
- “Artificial intelligence coupled with Low-Cost smell sensor development with targeted metabolomics based interdisciplinary approach for superior quality root development of aeroponically grown Hemisdesmus Indicus” Adamas University, Seed project-PI (85,000/Anum)
- “Low Cost Iot Driven Smart Agro-Drone for Early Detection of Late Blight Disease of Potato”, Adamas University, Seed project-COPI (70,000/Anum)
- “3D printed Micro Waste- Composter for Smart Home Gardening”, Seed project-COPI (70,000/Anum)
- UV Sanitizer Device, Patent Number: Patent Application Number: 202031027204, 2021
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 01 (Under progress)(Under progress)
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 0 (Awarded)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor: 06 (Awarded)
- Research Advisor: “Breeder seed production programme of potato with integration of micropropagation system”, SLSC for RKVY, 2017-18, Govt. of West Bengal;
- Research Advisor: Oberstretch Technology Simplified Private Limited, Kolkata, WB
- Research Advisor: Debgiri Agroproducts Private Limited, Barasat, WB
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Senior Research Associate ship, Department of Atomic Energy, India, 2013
- Endeavour Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Australia, 2012
- FCT, Project Fellowship, FCT, Portugal
- DAAD postdoctoral Fellowship, DAAD Germany, 2010
- CSIR Research Associate, Govt. of India, 2010
- Senior Research Fellowship, Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR, Project), 2005
- Editor: Academic Editor- PLOS I; Editorial Board member of International Journal of Pharmacy and Chemistry