Dr. Moumita Mukherjee
Present Position: Professor & Dean (Research & Development)
Department of Physics, School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- PhD (Technology), Defence R&D Org., DRDO ( under University of Calcutta)
- Tech. in Biomedical Engineering, WB University of Technology
- Sc. in Physics (Applied), University of Calcutta
Research Key Areas:
- Microwave / Millimeter wave Electronics & Systems
- Terahertz Electronics & systems
- Medical instrumentation
- Medical imaging, AI applications
- Solid state Electronics
- Terahertz detection of COVID 19 news covered by Labpulse Newsletter (https://www.labpulse.com/index.aspx?sec=ser&sub=def&pag=dis&ItemID=801395) and Photonics Newsletter (https: // www. photonics. com /Articles /AI_ and_ Terahertz_ Radiation_ to_ Help_Doctors_Fight/a65676)
- Terahertz Communication attenuation research received Grant from Ministry of Defence – Govt. of India
- Covid 19 detection using THz pulse spectroscopy – acknowledged by Terasense industry (USA) (https://terasense.com/news/terahertz-rays-may-help-biomedical-engineers-hamstring-covid-19/)
- IEEE Best Research Paper Award – 2009, 2011 and 2019
- IIM-DST Smart Fifty Start Up Project reward received for milk adulteration detection sensor development
- Professor& Dean (Research & Development), Adamas University, India, 2020-
- Associate Professor & Associate Dean (School of Science), Adamas University, India, 2017-2020
- Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) & Associate Dean (School of Science), Adamas University, India, 2015-2017
- Scientist (Reader Rank), DRDO Centre, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, 2009-2015
- Visiting Scientist, INEX, Newcastle University, 2011
- Post Doc Fellow, Technical University, Darmstadt, 2009
- Research Associate, DRDO Centre, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, 2008
- Senior Research Fellow, DRDO Centre, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India, 2003-2008
- Adjunct Professor, Biomedical Instrumentation, Calcutta University & WB University of Health Sciences, 2015 –
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 75
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 94
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 13, Books : 03
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/159847
Selected Publication (s):
- Chakraborty and Moumita Mukherjee, “Terahertz window frequency signal attenuation and dispersion characteristics in Tropical Climate Zone: An experimentally validated reliability analysis”, IEEE Access (IEEE publication), (IF: 3.4), April, 2022, D.O.I. 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3170480
- S. Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Band-engineered quasi-AlGaN/GaN high-electron-mobility-avalanche-transit-time (HEMATT) oscillator: electro-optical interaction study in sub-mm frequency domain”, The European Physical Journal Plus, 137 (343), 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1140/epjp/s13360-022-02521-0
- Moumita Mukherjee, S. Chatterjee ” Millimetre-wave high–low IMPATT source development: First on-chip”, Electronics Letters, https://doi.org/10.1049/ell2.12058 , 2021
- Chakraborty, S. Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Hybrid Multi-Graphene/Si Avalanche Transit Time <h-ATT> Terahertz Power Oscillator: Theoretical Reliability and Experimental Feasibility Studies”, IEEE Transactions on Device Materials Reliability, , vol. 20, Issue 4, pp. 667 – 677, Article DOI: 10.1109/TDMR.2020.3018664, August, 2020
- Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Direct Band Gap Silicon Nanowire Avalanche Transit Time THz Opto-Electronic Sensor with Strain-Engineering”, Optical and Quantum Electronics (Springer), vol. 52, p. 488, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11082-020-02563-7
- D Modak, A Kundu and Moumita Mukherjee, “Multiple-Graphene Layer based p++-n- n- – n++ device on Si/3C-SiC (100) substrate: a high sensitive visible photo-sensor, Semiconductor Science & Technology, https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6641/ab909b , May 2020
- Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Strain-engineered asymmetrical superlattice Si/Si1-xGex Nano-ATT <p++-n-n–n++> oscillator: Enhanced Photo-sensitivity in THz domain,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices (IEEE ED) July, 2019, pp. 1-18, DOI (identifier) 10.1109/TED.2019.2923108.
- Chatterjee and Moumita Mukherjee, “Strained Si/Si1−y C y superlattice based quasi-read avalanche transit-time devices for terahertz ultrafast switches”, Applied Physics A, ISSN: 0947-8396, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-020-04187-w, 2021
- Abhijit Kundu, Maitreyi Ray Kanjilal, and Moumita Mukherjee, “Physics based Non- linear Large-Signal analysis of Multiple-Graphene Layer exotic pin (p++- n- – n – n++) devices and ultra-fast SPST/SPDT/SPMT switches on Si/3C-SiC (100) substrates for application in THz- Communication”, Microsystem Technologies, pp. 1-19, January, 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s00542- 019-04325-2 , Springer-Nature
- Moumita Mukherjee, P. Tripathy and S.P. Pati, “Potential of Asymmetrical Si/Ge and Ge/Si based Hetero-junction Transit Time Devices over Homo-junction Counterparts for Generation of High-Power”, Journal of Semiconductors (IoP publishing, UK),vol. 32, no. 11, doi:10.1088/1674-4926/32/11/113001, p. 113001, 2011.
- Moumita Mukherjee, N. Mazumder and S. K. Roy, “α-SiC nanoscale transit time diodes: performance of the photo-irradiated terahertz sources at elevated temperature”, Semiconductor Science and Technology (IOP publishing, UK), doi: 10.1088/0268-1242/25/5/055008, volume-25, No. 5, pp. 1-12, (2010)
- Moumita Mukherjee, N. Mazumder, S. K. Roy and K. Goswami, “GaN IMPATT diode: a photosensitive high power Terahertz source”, Semiconductor Science and Technology (IOP publishing, UK), vol. 22, pp. 1258-1267, (2007).
- Moumita Mukherjee, N. Mazumder and S. K. Roy, “Photosensitivity analysis of Gallium Nitride and Silicon Carbide Terahertz IMPATT oscillators: Comparison of theoretical reliability and study on experimental feasibility”, IEEE Trans. on Device and Materials Reliability (IEEE-TDMR), (IEEE publishing, USA),Vol. 8, Issue 3, pp. 608-620, (2008).
- Moumita Mukherjee and S. K. Roy, “Optically modulated III-V Nitride based Top-Mounted and Flip-Chip IMPATT oscillators at THz regime: Studies on the shift of Avalanche-Transit-Time phase delay due to photo-generated carriers”, IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices (IEEE-ED), (IEEE publishing, USA),Vol. 56, Issue 7, pp. 1411-1417, July (2009).
- “Development of a self- consistent Physics based predictive model for the computation of THz- window frequency signal attenuation in fog with varying visibility and in rain with varying rain rates”, INR 22.64 Lakh, funded by DRDO – Govt. of India , 2021-2023
- “Design and development of III-V GaN on Sapphire epitaxial ATT structure for harmonic power generation at W-band frequency”, INR 32.10 Lakh, Funded by DRDO, Govt. of India, 2022-24.
- “Design & development of low-cost non-invasive blood glucose monitoring unit for type I & II diabetic patients”, INR 5,00,000/- funded by Industry / Corporate 2018 -2021.
- “Design optimization of III-V Nitride based on-Chip Terahertz source and oscillators for biomedical application”, INR 3,10,000/- funded by Industry / Corporate 2019-2022.
- “Studies on device-circuit interaction effect of Terahertz source and application in medical imaging”, INR 1,85,000/- , funded by Industry / Corporate, 2019-2022.
- “Design of Array type Terahertz source for non-invasive bio-imaging”, Grant: INR 13, 85, 000/- , funded by Industry / Corporate, 2020-2023
- “The Development of AI Enabled Radiography Assisted Test Process for Mass-Screening of Ncovid-19 Patients”, 24 months, Elmax Systems & Solutions , MATLAB India, 1 user license MATLAB + 1 Project fellow + Travel & Consumables, Grant : 15,00,000/-, 2020-2021
- “Terahertz Scanning and Imaging tool for biomedical industry”, INR 12,27,000/-, Funded by Industry / Corporate, 2022-2024
- UV Sanitizer Device, Patent Number: Patent Application Number: 202031027204, 2021
- A Single Point Wearable Device for Isolation of the Patients having Infectious Diseases Including COVID-19, Patent Application Number: 2021105614, 2021
- An AI based screening method for a detection and automated isolation of a Covid-19 positive patient, Patent Application Number: 2021104487, 2021
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 7 (Under progress)
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 5 (3 Awarded, 2 Submitted)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 37 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Editor: Advanced Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technologies: Semiconductor Devices Circuits and Systems –ISBN: 978-953-307-031-5, INTECH (UK), March 2010
- Editor : “Silicon Carbide”, – ISBN: 978-953-307-348-4, INTECH (UK).
- Editor: Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engg..
- Editorial Board Member : Journal of Scientific Letters (ISBN : 2456 1495)
- Editorial Board Member : World Science Research Journal (ISBN: 2331 1878):
- Editor: INTECH book “Terahertz Science &Technology: Present status and future trend”.
- Editor: Springer Book Computational Advancement in Communication, Circuits and Systems (ICCACCS):
- Editor: Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering
- Editorial Board Member: AR Research Publication and Conference World
- Editorial Board Member: International Journal of Wireless Communication and Sensor Network (WCSN)
- Editorial Board Member: Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering & Sciences Publication (BEIESP)
- Editor: AIP Conference Proceedings on National Conference on Frontiers in Modern Physics (NCFMP 2018) :
- Editor Special issue Journal of Physics through Computation 2019,
- Editor: IoP Journal of Physics : Conference Series (2020)
- Editor: Elsevier Sensors International
- Editor: Special Issue, Open Biomedical Journal (Benthem Publishers)
- Editor: Springer Lecture Notes in Bioenginnering
- Enlisted reviewer in IEEE Transactions, IEI journal, Springer journals, AIP journals, Hindwai journals and IETE journals.
- Bharat Gourav Award: 2018
- Enlisted in Marques Who’s Who in the World, Marques Who’s Who in Science & Engineering
- Delivered Invited talk / Keynote talk in 14 International Conferences, Workshop, FDP in India and abroad.