Dr. Partha Roy
Present Position: Associate Professor (Pharmaceutics)
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences
- PhD (Pharmaceutical Technology) (University of Calcutta)
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics), Utkal University
- B. Pharm , Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Research Key Areas:
- Drug Delivery
- Formulation Development
- Cell Imaging tools
- American Chemical Society best paper awards
- Associate Member Royal Society of Chemistry
- MOU’s with International Universities
- International patent applications
- Associate Professor (Pharmaceutics), Adamas University, India, 2020-
- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutics), Adamas University, India, 2016-2020.
- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutical Technology), University Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia, 2014-2016.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, CSIR, Govt. of India, 2013-2014.
- Senior Research Fellow, ICMR, Govt. of India, 2008-2013.
- Lecturer (Pharmaceutics), Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, 2006-2008.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 28
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 1
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 5 , Books : Nil
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/161713
Selected Publication (s):
- P Roy, S Sur, S Das, WT Wui. Phytochemical Conjugated Bio-safe Gold Nanoparticles in Breast Cancer: A Comprehensive Update. Breast Cancer, 2022. Accepted for publication.
- A H Musalli , P D Talukdar , P Roy, P Kumar , T W Wong. Folate-induced nanostructural changes of oligochitosan nanoparticles and their fate of cellular internalization by melanoma. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2020, 244:116488.
- S Das, A Halder, S Mandal, M.A.J. Mazumder, T Bera, A Mukherjee, P Roy.
Andrographolide engineered gold nanoparticle to overcome drug resistant visceral leishmaniasis. Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology. 46(sup1), 2018, 751-762.
- A Halder, P Mukherjee, S Ghosh, A Mukherjee, S Das, A Mukherjee U Chatterji and P Roy. Lactoferrin-tethered betulinic acid nanoparticles promote rapid delivery and cell death in triple negative breast and laryngeal cancer cells. Artificial Cells, Nanomedicine, and Biotechnology. 2020, 48(1), 1362-1371.
- V Ravichandiran, K Masilamani, B Senthilnathan, A Maheshwaran, W T Wui, P Roy. Quercetin-decorated curcumin liposome design for cancer therapy: In-vitro and in-vivo Current Drug Delivery, 14, 2017.
- SABA Manaf, G Hegde, U K Mandal, W T Wui, P Roy. Functionalized Carbon Nano-scale systems From Biowaste Sago Bark For Cancer Cell Imaging. Current Drug Delivery, 14, 2017.
- P Roy, V S Bhat, S Saha, D Sengupta, S Das, S Datta, G. Hegde. Mesoporous carbon nanospheres derived from agro-waste as novel antimicrobials agents against Gram-negative bacteria. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 28(11), 2020, 13552-13561.
- P Roy, S Das, Runa Ghosh Auddy, Arup Mukherjee. Engineered Andrographolide Nanosystems for Smart Recovery in Hepatotoxic Conditions. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 9, 2014, 4723-4735.
- P Roy, S Das,RG Auddy, A Saha, A Mukherjee. Engineered andrographolide nanoparticlesmitigate paracetamol hepatotoxicity in mice. Pharmaceutical Research. 2013, 30, 1252-1262.
- P Roy, S Das, T Bera, S Mondol and A Mukherjee: “Andrographolide nanoparticles in leishmaniasis: characterization and in vitro evaluations” International Journal of Nanomedicine, 5, 2010, 1113-1121.
- A Halder, D Shukla, S Das, P Roy, A Mukherjee and B Saha. Lactoferrin-modified Betulinic Acid-loaded PLGA nanoparticles are strong anti-leishmanials. Cytokine. 2018, 412-415.
- SABA Manaf, P Roy, KV Sharma, Z Ngaini, V Malgras ,A Alidabahi, Y Yusuke, G Hedge. Catalyst Free Green Synthesis of Carbon Nanospheres for Potential Biomedical Applications: Waste to Wealth Approach. RSC Advances. 2015, 5, 24528.
- Development of engineered gold nanosystems against triple negative breast cancer, INR 31.28 Lakh, funded by DST – SERB, Govt. of India , 2020-2022.
- Development of engineered polymeric nanosystems against drug resistant colon cancer. INR 3.66 Lakh, funded by CSIR, Govt. of India, 2013-2014.
- Biowaste derived carbon nanosystems against cancer. Royal Society of Chemistry. 4000£
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor : 1
- Post-Graduate: 2
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Awarded American Chemical Society Best presenter award in Advances in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering 2021 organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, 2021.
- Awarded American Chemical Society Best presenter award in International Conference on Nano Science and Technology, Kolkata 2020.
- Awarded fellowship by Hungarian Scholarship Board for research in Hungary Academy of Sciences, Szeged. 2013
- Senior Research Fellowship awarded by Indian Council of Medical Research, Govt. of India on February 2008.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate Grant from Council of Scientific and Industrial
- Research, Govt. of India, on February 2013.
- Awarded best prize for oral presentation in International conference on current trends in Materials Science and Engineering at N. Bose National Center For Basic Sciences, Kolkata, India 2018.
- Awarded gold medal in 26th International Invention, Innovation and Technology
- Exhibition 2016 organized by Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation, Govt. of Malaysia.
- Awarded silver medal in Creation, Innovation, Technology and Research Exposition 2016 organized by University Malaysia Pahang, of Malaysia.
- Awarded International Travel Grant from University Malaysia Pahang, Govt. of Malaysia for paper presentation in MUCET Conference 2014 in Melaka, Malaysia.
- Awarded International Travel Grant from University Malaysia Pahang, of Malaysia for paper presentation in ETIC Conference 2015 in BALI, Indonesia.
- Awarded International Travel Grant from Indian Council of Medical Research to attend 1st World Biotechnology Congress held in Dubai 14th & 15th February 2012.
- Best poster award in 3rd International Congress on Bioprocesses in Food Industries (ICBF) 2008 at Osmania University, Hyderabad, 2008.
- Best poster award in International e-conference on Innovation in Pharmacy and Green Chemistry during Post Covid-19 Era organized by JIS University, Kolkata, 2020.
- Awarded 1st prize for poster presentation in International Seminar on Clinical
- Research & Regulatory affairs- Present Scenario at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India,2012.
- Best paper award for oral presentation in National Conference on Innovations and
- Opportunities in Pharmaceutical Technology: Industry Institute Interaction, at University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, 2011.