Dr. Sabyasachi Tripathi
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Economics, School of Business and Economics
- Post-Doctorate in Economics from Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia.
- PhD from from University of Mysore through the Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore, 2013.
- A. in Economics, Jadavpur University, 2006.
- Sc. in Economics, Vidyasagar University, 2004.
Research Key Areas:
- Urban Economics
- Poverty and Inequality
- International Trade
- Climate Change
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, Adamas University, India, 2017-till date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Lovely Professoinal University, Jalandhar, July 2015 – May 2017. Research Fellow: National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), New Delhi, August 2014 –February 2015.
- Fellow: Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), New Delhi, April 2013 – July 2014.
- Research Assistant Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore, June 2012- April 2013 Centre for Studies in Social Science (CSSS), Calcutta, April 2008 -August 2008 Jadavpur University, Kolkata, June 2006 -April 2008
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed SCI/Scopus Proceedings: 30
- Number of research papers published in National refereed journals: 7
- Number of Book-Chapters: 2
For Details, Visit: https://adamasuniversity.irins.org/profile/163896
Selected Publication (s):
- Tripathi, S., Kutsenko, E., & Boos, V. (2022). How different patterns of urbanization affect regional innovation? Evidence from Russia. International Journal of Urban Sciences, 26 (2), 213-243. https://doi.org/10.1080/12265934.2021.1942165.
- Tripathi, S. (2021). How does urbanization affect the Human Development Index? A cross country analysis. Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, 5, 1053-1080. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41685-021-00211-w.
- Mitra, A., & Tripathi, S. (2021). Does City Size Matter for Migration and Poverty: A study of Million-plus cities in India. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 147 (3). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000692.
- Tripathi, S. (2021). Towards Sustainable Urban System through the Development of Small Towns in India. Regional Science Policy & Practice, 13 (3), 777-797. https://doi.org/10.1111/rsp3.12424.
- Tripathi, S. (2021). Why is the Rural to Urban Migration Rate in India so Low? An Empirical Analysis. Review of Regional Studies, 51(1), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.52324/001c.17403.
- Tripathi, S. (2021). Do Macroeconomic Factors Promote Urbanization? Evidence from BRICS Countries. Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, 5, 397–426. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41685-020-00179-z.
- Mitra, A., & Tripathi, S. (2021). Rural Non-Farm Sector: Revisiting the Census Towns. Environment and Urbanization ASIA, 12(1), 148–155. https://doi.org/10.1177/0975425321990324.
- Tripathi, S. (2021). Causes and Consequences of Higher COVID 19 cases in India. Review of Socio-Economic Perspectives, 6(1), 79-90. https://doi.org/10.19275/RSEP110.
- Tripathi, S. (2020). Does Economic Development Reduce Household Size? Evidence from India. Journal of Policy Modeling, 42(5), 982-999. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpolmod.2020.04.003.
- Tripathi, S., & Yenneti, K. (2020). Measurement of Multi-Dimensional Poverty in India: A state level analysis. Indian Journal of Human Development, 14(2), 257-274. https://doi.org/10.1177/0973703020944763.
- Tripathi, S. (2020). How Cities in India Can Attract More Rural Population? Regional Science Inquiry, 12(1), 143-154. 12.
- Tripathi, S. (2020). Macroeconomic Determinants of Housing Prices: A Cross Country Level Analysis. Real Estate Finance, 36(4), 229-238.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 1 (Under progress)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor : 2 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Shri T R Satishchandra Memorial best Thesis Prize in Economics from Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore, India.
- Participated as a Young Economist in the 4 th Lindau Meeting of the Winners of the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, 23rd to 27th August 2011 in Lindau, Germany.
- Financial support from Dynamics of Institutions and Markets in Europe (DIME) Network of excellence, Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT), Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Institutional Doctoral Fellowship, from 2008-2012.
- JUAA Scholarship from Jadavpur University, India.
- Proficiency Award from Department of Economics, Kharagpur College, Kharagpur, India.
- Professional body Life membership
- Member of the Urban Economics Association operates under the umbrella of the North American Regional Science Council (NARSC).
- Member of the GLOBELICS
- Reviewed for the (Total 75): International Economics; World Development; China Economic Review; Land Use Policy; Growth and Change; Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science; Journal of Urban Planning and Development; PLOS One; Third World Quarterly; Regional Science, Policy and Practice; Geo Journal; BMC Public Health; International Journal of Social Economics; Mathematical Problems in Engineering; Environmental Quality Management; Journal of International Development; Journal of Labor and Society; Urban, Planning and Transport Research; Urban Research and Practice; Economic Change and Restructuring; Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies; Journal of Public Affairs; Cogent Economics and Finance; Journal of Economic Integration; Area Development and Policy; Urban Transformations; SAGE Open; SN Applied Sciences; Journal of Asian and African Studies; Territorial Bitácora Journal; International Journal of Business and Economics; Urban Planning; Economic Annals; Geography, Environment, Sustainability; Indian Journal of Economics and Development; Management Research and Practice; Indian Economic Journal; Frontiers in Public Health ; Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society; Journal of Development and Agriculture Economics; Journal of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development; International Journal of Geology and Mining; Journal of Entrepreneurial Innovations; and Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development.