Dr. Sajal Kumar Jha
Present Position: Professor & Associate Dean
School of Medical Sciences
- D in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Master in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Research Key Areas:
- Micro & Nano Drug Delivery Systems
- Pharmacokinetic Studies
- Immediate and sustained release dosage forms
- Professor& Associate Dean, School of Medical Sciences, Adamas University, India, 2019-
- Associate Professor & Head, School of Pharmacy, Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus, Hyderabad Adamas, India, 2016-2018
- Assistant Professor, Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Durgapur, India, 2012-2015.
- Assistant Professor, NIMS Institute of Pharmacy, NIMS University, Jaipur, India, 2010-2011.
- Assistant Professor, Acharya & B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, India, 2004-2009.
Research Publication (s):
- Research Guidance: M. Pharm-25, Ph. D-02 (as a co-guide)
- Journal Publications: 45 (Citations:561, h index-14, i10 index-23).
- Conference proceedings/publications: 30
- Book publications: 03
- Patents: 03
- Project Funding: 01
Publications: (10 Selected)
- Formulation and evaluation of melt-in-mouth tablets of haloperidol. Sajal Kumar Jha, P, Roopa Karki, Divakar Goli. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics, Oct-Dec 2008; 256-260.
- Sustained Ocular Delivery of Brimonidine Tartrate Using Ion Activated In Situ Gelling System. Geethalakshmi, Roopa Karki, Sajal Kumar Jha, D. P. Venkatesh and B. Nikunj. Current Drug Delivery, 9(2);2012: 197-204.
- Development and characterization of lecithin stabilized Glibenclamide nanocrystals for enhanced solubility and drug delivery. Sajeev Kumar, R. Saraswathi, K. VenkatesH Kumar Sajal Kumar Jha and S. A. Dhanaraj. Drug Delivery; 21(3): 2013:173-184
- Temperature triggered in situ gelling system for betaxolol in glaucoma. Geethalakshmi A, Karki R, Sagi P, Jha S K, Venkatesh DP. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 3(2); 2013:153-159.
- Solid State Characterization and Effect of PEG 20000 and Lecithin on Particle Size Reduction and Stability of Complexed Glibenclamide B. Sajeev Kumar, R. Saraswathi, K.Venkatesh Kumar, T. A. Sam,S. K Jha and S. A. Dhanaraj. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 3(4);2013: 1031-1044.
- Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics Evaluation of Ranitidine Microemulsion on Experimental Animals. Sajal Kumar Jha, Roopa Karki, Venkatesh Dinnekere Putte Gowda and Amitava Ghosh. Advances in Pharmaceutics. 2014: 1-6.
- In Vitro Intestinal Permeability Studies and Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Famotidine Microemulsion for Oral Delivery. Sajal Kumar Jha, Roopa Karki, Venkatesh Dinnekere Puttegowda, and D. Harinarayana. ISRN Pharmaceutics. 2014: 1-7.
- Formulation and Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of Microcapsules containing Pravastatin Sodium using Rats. D.P Venkatesh, Roopa Karki, Sajal Kumar Jha, Divakar Goli, Manjunath P.M. SCIENTIFICA. 2016:1-6.
- Network pharmacology of Withania somnifera against stress associated neurodegenerative diseases. Taaza Duyu, Pukar Khanal , Yadu Nandan Dey, Sajal Kumar Jha. Advances in Traditional Medicine. 21; 2021: 565-578.
- Evaluation of Antidiabetic Activity of Vitis pedata in Alloxan Induced Diabetic Rats. Joyeeta Bhattacharya, S. Ata, S. Chakrabarty, S. K. Jha, P. Roy. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 84(3): 631-641: 2022.
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Third rank in M. Pharm University Examinations.
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Acharya Institutes, Bengaluru in 2013.
- Academic Excellence Award from Guru Nanak University, Hyderabad in the year 2016 & 2018.
- Received Pharma Recognition Award from Association of PharmaceuticalTeachers in India in the year 2020.
- Received Rising Star Award from Academic Growth Foundation in the year 2021.
- Received Best Leader Award from Adamas University in the year 2022
- Editor-in-Chief, Section Editor, Executive Editor, Associate Editor, Editorial Board Member of various Journals of National & International repute.
- Life member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) , Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers in India (APTI), Society of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (SPER), Association of Community Pharmacists in India (ACPI), Association of Pharmacy Professionals (APP).