Dr. Sanjay Dey
Present Position: Associate Professor & HoD
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences
- PhD (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Dibrugarh University
- Pharm. in Pharmaceutics, Dibrugarh University
- Pharm, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Research Key Areas:
- Formulation development of conventional and novel drug delivery systems
- Exploration of plant based biopolymers as excipients for developing different drug delivery system.
- Solubility and oral bioavailability enhancement using polymer and lipid based approaches.
- Application of statistical optimization technique and Quality by Design (QbD) in drug development.
- Nanopharmaceuticals based drug delivery e.g. nanovesicular, polymeric nanoparticles and lipid nanoparticles etc.
- h-index: 20; i10 index: 28; Citation : 969 (According to Google Scholar, June, 2022)
- Young Innovative Award
- Entrepreneurship Week -2014 Premier Award
- Entrepreneurship Education Award
- Associate Professor & HoD (Department of Pharmaceutical Technology), Adamas University, India, 2020-
- Associate Professor (Pharmaceutics), Adamas University, India, March, 2021 –
- Associate Professor (Pharmaceutics), Calcutta Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology and AHS, India, August 2019 – March, 2021
- Associate Professor (Pharmaceutics), Techno India University, India, May, 2019 – July, 2019
- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutics), Techno India University, India, September, 2016 – May, 2019
- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutics), Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, India, February, 2011- September, 2016
- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutics), Shri RNS College of Pharmacy, India, May, 2009 – January, 2011
- Trainee (Technology Transfer), Cipla Ltd., India, December, 2008 – April, 2009
- Senior Officer (Product Development Laboratory), Dabur Pharma Ltd., India, February, 2004 – October, 2006
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 40
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 07
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/206908
Selected Publication (s):
- Formulation development and statistical optimization of zingiberol incorporated sodium alginate-methyl cellulose blend microspheres. J. Biolog. Macro. 2020. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2020.07.233.
- Enhanced topical permeability of natural flavonoid baicalein through nano liposomal gel: In vitro and in vivo J Drug Deliv Sci Tech. 2020; 57: 101666.
- Development and optimization of besifloxacin hydrochloride loaded liposomal gel prepared by thin filmhydration method using 32 full factorial design. Colloids Surf. A. 2019.
- Piroxicam loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN): Potential for topical delivery. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2019; 53(2): S82-S92.
- Transdermal lipid nanocarriers: A potential delivery system for lornoxicam. Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology. 2017; 5: 1-15.
- RP-HPLC method development, validation, and quantification of lornoxicam in lipid nanoparticle formulations. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 8(11): 152-158.
- Polymers derived for Xanthomonas campesteris and Cyamopsis tetragonolobus used as retardant materials for the formulation of sustained release floating matrix tablet of atenolol. Int. J. Biolog. Macro. 2014; 65: 346-356.
- Formulation and evaluation of fixed-dose combination of bilayer gastroretentive matrix tablet containing atorvastatin as fast-release and atenolol as sustained-release. BioMed Research International. 2014. Article ID 396106, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/396106.
- Floating capsules containing alginate-beads of salbutamol sulfate: In Vitro–in vivo Int. J Biolog. Macro. 2014; 64: 181-189.
- Three levels face centered central composite design for colon targeted microparticulates system of celecoxib: Screening of formulation variables and in vivo Current Drug Delivery. 2014: 11(6): DOI. 10.2174/1567201811666140519161628.
- Topical delivery of aceclofenac as nanoemulsion comprising excipients having optimum emulsification capabilities: Preparation, characterization and in vivo Expert Opin. Drug. Deliv. 2013.
- Formulation development and optimization of bilayer tablets of aceclofenac. Expert Opin. Drug. Deliv. 2012; 1-7.
- A system for fabricating zingiberol loaded microspheres using sodium alginate and methyl cellulose blend, Patent Application Number: 202021106657, 2022
- Ultraviolet disinfecting device for medical instruments, Patent Application Number: 356025-001, 2022
- Polyherbal gel formulation for growth of hair follicle, Patent Application Number: 2021104419, 2021
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 05 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Advisory Board Member: Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, Journal of Drug Discovery and Therapeutics
- Associate Editor: Journal of Fundamental Pharmaceutical Research
- Reviewer: AAPS PhrmaSciTech, British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Cellulose Chemistry and Technology, International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholar, Journal of Pharmacy Research
- Life Time Member: Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers in India (APTI)