Dr. Suman Bhandary
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences, School of Life Science and Biotechnology
- D (Science), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 700032
- Sc. in Microbiology, University of Kalyani, 741235
Research Key Areas:
- Antimicrobial nanocomposites
- Phytochemical analysis
- Synthesis and physiochemical characterizations of biocompatible porous nanocarriers
- Evaluation of the synergistic effect of drugs on growth and migration of triple negative breast cancer
- Turmeric Nanoparticles to Help Treat Malaria news covered by The New Indian Express (https://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/bengaluru/2014/dec/16/Turmeric-Nanoparticles -to-Help-Treat-Malaria-694812.html).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Adamas University, India, 2020- to date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Brainware University, India, 2019-2020.
- Assistant Professor, School of Biotechnology, Shoolini University, India, 2018-2019.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, 2013-2016.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, 2012-2013.
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 23
- Number of research papers published in conference Proceedings: 1
- Number of Patents published: 1
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/181248
Selected Publication (s):
- S. Banerjee, B. Bagchi, K. Pal, S. Bhandary, A. Kool, N. A. Hoque, P. Biswas, P. Thakur, K. Das, P. Karmakar, S. Das, Essential oil impregnated luminescent hydroxyapatite: Antibacterial and cytotoxicity studies, Materials Science and Engineering: C, (2020) 116, 111190, DOI: 10.1016/j.msec.2020.111190. (I.F.: 5.88)
- S. Banerjee, B. Bagchi, S. Bhandary, A. Kool, N. A. Hoque, P. Biswas, K. Pal, P. Thakur, K. Das, P. Karmakar and S. Das, Antimicrobial and biocompatible fluorescent hydroxyapatite-chitosan nanocomposite films for biomedical applications, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, ISSN: 09277765, (2018), 171, 300- 307, DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.07.028. (I. F.: 3.997)
- S. Banerjee, B. Bagchi, S. Bhandary, A. Kool, N. Hoque, P. Thakur and S. Das, A facile vacuum assisted synthesis of nanoparticle impregnated hydroxyapatite composites having excellent antimicrobial properties and biocompatibility, Ceramics International, ISSN: 02728842, (2018), 44, 1066-1077. doi: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2017.10.051. (I.F: 4.527)
- S. Bhandary, A. Bhowmik, A. Ghosh, S. Saha, U. Pal, N. Roy, N. Chakraborty, A. Chakraborty, M. K. Ghosh and P. C. Sen, Targeting IL-6/IL-6R signaling axis in triple-negative breast cancer by a novel nifetepimine- loaded cascade pH responsive mesoporous silica based nanoplatform, Glob. J Nanomed., ISSN: 25732374, (2017), 3, 42-65. doi: 10.19080/GJN.2017.03.555609. (I.F: 0.949)
- A. Bhowmik, S. Chakravarti, A. Ghosh, R. Shaw, S. Bhandary, S. R. Bhattacharyya, P. C. Sen and M. K. Ghosh, Anti-SSTR2 Peptide based targeted delivery of potent PLGA encapsulated 3,3´-diindolylmethane nanoparticles through blood brain barrier prevents glioma progression, Oncotarget, ISSN: 19492553, (2017), 8, 65339–65358. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.18689. (I.F: 5.168)
- B. Bagchi, S. Banerjee, A. Kool, P. Thakur, S. Bhandary, N. Hoque and S. Das, Synthesis of eucalyptus/tea tree oil absorbed biphasic calcium phosphate–PVDF polymer nanocomposite films: a surface-active antimicrobial system for biomedical application, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., ISSN: 14639076, (2016), 18, 16775-16785. doi: 10.1039/c6cp03493d. (I.F: 4.123)
- A. Ghosh, A. Bhowmik, S. Bhandary, S. Putatunda,A. Laskar, A. Biswas, A. Dolui, B. Banerjee, R. Khan, N. Das, A. Chakraborty, M.K. Ghosh and P.C. Sen, Formulation and antitumorigenic activities of nanoencapsulated nifetepimine: A promising approach in treating triple negative breast carcinoma, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, ISSN: 15499634, (2016), 12, 1973–1985. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2016.04.011. (I.F: 6.692)
- S. Bhandary, and K. Aguan, Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex deficiency and its relationship with epilepsy frequency– An overview, Epilepsy Research, ISSN: 09201211, (2015), 116, 40–52. doi: 10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2015.07.002. (I.F: 2.367)
- A. Ghosh, T. Banerjee, S. Bhandary and A. Surolia, Formulation of nanotized curcumin and demonstration of its antimalarial efficacy, International Journal of Nanomedicine, ISSN: 11769114, (2014), 9, 5373-5387. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S62756. (I.F: 4.3)
- S. Kar, B. Bagchi, B. Kundu, S. Bhandary, R. Basu, P. Nandy and S. Das, Synthesis and characterization of Cu/Ag nanoparticle loaded mullite nanocomposite system: a potential candidate for antimicrobial and therapeutic application, BBA- General subjects, ISSN: 03044165, (2014), 1840, 3264–3276. doi: 10.1016/j.bbagen.2014.05.012. (I.F: 4.702)
- B. Bagchi, S. Kar, S. Dey, S. Bhandary, D. Roy, S. Das, T. K. Mukhopadhyay, S. Das and P. Nandy, In Situ Synthesis of Copper Nanoparticle Loaded (adsorbed and intercalated) Montmorillonite for Therapeutic Applications, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, ISSN: 09277765, (2013), 108, 358-365. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2013.03.019. (I.F: 4.152)
- 12. B. Bagchi, S. Dey, S. Bhandary, S. Das, A. Bhattacharya, R. Basu and P. Nandy, Antimicrobial Efficacy of Copper Nanoparticle Adsorbed Mullite Aggregates: Synthesis, characterization and application, Materials Science and Engineering C, ISSN: 09284931, (2012), 32, 1897-1905. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2012.05.011. (I.F: 3.42)
- “Exosome mediated co-delivery of natural flavonoids orientin and 5-Fluorouracil for targeting colorectal cancer stem cells involved in angiogenic progression”, INR 39.24 Lakh, as Co-PI, funded by SERB – Govt. of India, 2022-2025
- Anti-Cancer Nifetepimine Nanoformulation, Patent No. 389777
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 7 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- ICN3IC-21: Best Research Paper Award.
- Selected for Who’s Who in the World 2011 (28th Edition), 890 Mountain AveNew Providence, NJ 07974, as young science talent.