Dr. Tuhin Bhadra
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Geography, School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- PhD (Science), Jadavpur University
- Phil. in Oceanography & Coastal Management, Jadavpur University
- A. in Geography, Rabindra Bharati University
Research Key Areas:
- Fluvial Geomorphology
- Hydrological and Hydrodynamic Modelling
- Water Resource Management
- Climate Change Impact Assessment
- Received Core Research Grant as PI from the Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India in 2022
- Received SEED Research Grant as PI from Adamas University, Kolkata in 2021
- Associated with five national and international projects funded by DST. Govt. of India, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK, WWF India, IUCN India and Caritas India
- Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Adamas University, Kolkata, 2019-Present
- Senior Research Fellow, School of Oceanographic Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2014-2019
- Junior Research Fellow, School of Oceanographic Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2012-2014
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 5
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 5
- Number of Book-Chapters: 3
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/159890
Selected Publication (s):
- Acharya, A., Mondal, B. K., Bhadra, T., Abdelrahman, K., Mishra, P. K., Tiwari, A., & Das, R. (2022). Geospatial Analysis of Geo-Ecotourism Site Suitability Using AHP and GIS for Sustainable and Resilient Tourism Planning in West Bengal, India. Sustainability, 14(4), 2422.
- Biswas, S., Das, A., Paul, J., Bhadra, T., & Saha, A. (2022). Impact of the non-biodegradable plastics and role of microbes in biotic degradation. Journal of Experimental Biology, (1), 171-189.
- Bhui, K., Hazra, S., Bhadra, T., & Venugopal, V. (2022). Spatio-Temporal Variability of Tidal Velocities in the Rivers of the Indian Sundarban Delta: A Hydrodynamic Modelling Approach. Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series C, 1-15.
- Acharya, A., Pathak, A. K., Mondal, B. K., Pratik, D. A. S. H., & Bhadra, T. (2021). Assessing the Economic Impact of Tourism and Verdict Ecotourism Potential of the Coastal Belt of Purba Medinipur District, West Bengal. Folia Geographica, 63(2), 82-107.
- Bhadra, T., Hazra, S., & Barman, B. C. (2021). Assessing the Environmental Flows for the Transboundary River Ichamati. In Conference GSI (pp. 139-150).
- Bhadra, T., Hazra, S., Ray, S. S., & Barman, B. C. (2020). Assessing the groundwater quality of the coastal aquifers of a vulnerable delta: a case study of the Sundarban Biosphere Reserve, India. Groundwater for Sustainable Development, 11, 100438.
- Hazra, S., Bhadra, T., & Ray, S. P. (2019). Sustainable Water Resource Management in the Sundarban Biosphere Reserve, India. In Ground Water Development-Issues and Sustainable Solutions (pp. 147-157). Springer, Singapore.
- Bhadra, T., Das, S., Hazra, S. & Barman, B.C. (2018). Assessing the Demand, Availability and Accessibility of Potable Water in Indian Sundarban Biosphere Reserve Area. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, 9 (3K), pp 25437-25443.
- Bhadra, T., Mukhopadhyay, A., & Hazra, S. (2017). Identification of river discontinuity using geo-informatics to improve freshwater flow and ecosystem services in Indian Sundarban Delta. In Environment and earth observation (pp. 137-152). Springer, Cham.
- Hazra, S., Bhadra, T., Ghosh, S. & Barman, B. C. (2015). Assessing Environmental Flows for Indian Sundarban: A suggested approach. River Behaviour & Control, 35, pp 65-74.
- “Assessing the Potential of River Restoration and Reconnection in the Western Ganges Delta towards Improving Freshwater Availability for Sustainable Agriculture and Mangrove Forest Ecosystem in the Indian Sundarbans”. INR 27.5 Lakh, Funded by SERB-DST, Govt. of India, 2022-2025.
- “Micro level planning for sustainable flood management in Ghatal block, West Medinipur”, INR 2 Lakh, Funded by Adamas University, Kolkata, 2021-2023.
- “Sustainable Planning for Managing Health in the Changing Urban Environment – A Case Study of Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA), West Bengal, India”, INR 50000/-, Funded by Adamas University, Kolkata, 2022-2024.
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 3 (Under progress)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 4 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Convener of the International Conference on Geospatial Science for Digital Earth Observation (GSDEO) 2021 (Virtual) March 26-27, 9:00-18:00 IST, jointly organized by Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Kolkata Chapter & the Department of Geography, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Adamas University, Kolkata
- Editor of the Proceedings of the International Conference entitled Geospatial Science for Digital Earth Observation (GSDEO 2021). The Proceedings will be published by IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (Scopus Indexed).
- Received Overseas Travel Grant of National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training, Australia to attend Australian Groundwater Conference in 2019
- Received American Geophysical Union (AGU) Student Travel Grant to attend AGU Fall Meeting at Washington D.C., USA in 2018
- Received Newton-Bhabha Fellowship (British Council, UK & Govt. of India) to attend the PhD internship in University of Edinburgh, UK in 2017
- Received BSRS Fellowship to attend a Summer School in Norway in 2016
- Received DAAD Fellowship to attend a Summer School in Germany in 2015
- Received “Best Paper Award” at The National Seminar on Remote Sensing & Environment, Kolkata in 2014