Mr. Nihar Karmakar
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, School of Engineering & Technology
- D (Thesis submitted), in Electrical Engineering ( under IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India)
- Tech. in Power Electronics & Electrical drives, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India
- Tech in Electrical Engineering, WBUT Kolkata, India
Research Key Areas:
- Power system planning
- FACTS Devices
- Reactive power planning
- Best Research Paper Award in IEEE International conference – 2020
- Assistant Professor , Adamas University, India, March 2022-till date
- Research Scholar, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, 2016-2021
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 08
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 03
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 02
For Details, Visit: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=K6VEAe8AAAAJ&hl=en
Selected Publication (s):
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Techno-economic strategy for reactive power planning using Series-shunt compensation in power transmission network.” Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 49, (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seta.2021.101677
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Techno‐Economic Model for Reactive Power Planning using Series‐Shunt Compensation Devices under Load demand in Power Transmission Network.” Energy Technology Wiley 9, no. 7, (2021). https://doi.org/10.1002/ente.202100156
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Hybrid intelligence approach for multi-load level reactive power planning using VAR compensator in power transmission network.” Protection and Control of Modern Power Systems Springer 6 (2021): 2367-0983. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41601-021-00202-1
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Techno-economic approach towards reactive power planning ensuring system security on energy transmission network.” International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems 22, no. 3 (2021): 309-324. https://doi.org/10.1515/ijeeps-2020-0260
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Optimal reactive power planning in power transmission system considering FACTS devices and implementing hybrid optimisation approach.” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution 14, no. 25 (2020): 6294-6305. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2020.1356
- Bhattacharyya, Nihar Karmakar “Optimal Reactive Power Management Problem: A Solution Using Evolutionary Algorithms.” IETE Technical Review Taylor 7 Francis 37, no. 5 (2020): 540-548. https://doi.org/10.1080/02564602.2019.1675541
- Nihar Karmakar, Bhattacharyya “Optimal reactive power planning in power transmission network using sensitivity based bi-level strategy.” Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks Elsevier 23 (2020): 100383. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.segan.2020.100383
- Bhattacharyya, Nihar Karmakar “A planning strategy for reactive power in power transmission network using soft computing techniques.” Int. J. Power Energy Syst Acta press 40, no. 3 (2020): 141-148. https://doi.org/10.2316/J.2020.203-0214
- Nihar Karmakar, S. Raj, and B. Bhattacharyya. “Hybrid intelligence technique for reactive power planning using FACTS devices.” In 2020 International Conference on Emerging Frontiers in Electrical and Electronic Technologies (ICEFEET), 1-6. IEEE, 2020.
- Nihar Karmakar, A. Gupta, and B. Bhattacharyya. “Loss Sensitivity based Reactive Power Planning using Hybrid Intelligence Technique.” In 2019 8th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2019.
- Nihar Karmakar, and B. Bhattacharyya. “Optimal Planning of Reactive Power in Power Transmission System Ensuring System Security Using Probabilistic-CSAJAYA.” Renewable Energy and Future Power Systems Springer (2021): 219-239.
- Nihar Karmakar, B. Dey, and B. Bhattacharyya. “A Planning Framework for Reactive Power in Power Transmission System Using Compensation Devices.” In Control Applications in Modern Power Systems, pp. 209-218. Springer, Singapore, 2022.
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Active reviewer of reputed international journals