Mr. Sujoy Bhattacharya
Present Position: Professor, CSE & Associate Dean
School of Engineering & Technology
- PhD [Integrated], (Specialization in Image Processing), IIT, Kharagpur
- Tech in Instrumentation Engineering, IIT Kharagpur
Research Key Areas:
- Data Analytics in the Healthcare domain
- Image Processing
- Currently guiding 2 PhD students on ‘Cloud Data Analytics’
- Adamas University (Kolkata) March 2021 till date Professor, CSE and Associate Dean, School of Engineering & Technology
- SITS, Hyderabad (Engg Institution) Aug 2019 to Mar 2021 Principal
- Self Employed @WhiteDot ES (Training / Coaching Institute) May 2018 to Aug 2019 Founder, Director, Consultant and Teacher
- PSIT, Kanpur (Engg Institution) Jul 2016 to Apr 2018 Professor and Deputy Director (officiating Director)
- SITS, Hyderabad (Engg Institution) Jun 2015 to Jun 2016 Principal
- GuideLane, Hyderabad Nov 2013 to Jun 2016 Co-founder, Consultant and Instructor
- BVRIT, Hyderabad (Engg Institution) April 2011 to Nov 2013 Professor, Department of Information Technology
- Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata, Hyderabad, UK, USA) Jun 1995 to Aug 2010 Software Engineer / Project Manager / Program Manager / Senior Consultant
- DCM Data Products Jul 1990 to Dec 1990 Associate Design Engineer
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 5
- Number of research papers published in International peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 10
Selected Publication (s):
- Bhattacharya and N. C. Ray, ‘New design techniques for 2-D digital filters’, Proceedings IMTC/94, Hamamatsu, Japan, 1994.
- Bhattacharya, D. Bhattacharya, N. C. Ray and S. Sinha, ‘Design and implementation of a 2-D linear phase IIR filter using symbolic computation routines’, Signal Processing Journal, Vol 42, No. 1, February 1995.
- Bhattacharya, N. C. Ray and S. Sinha, ‘2-D signal modeling and reconstruction using third order cumulants’, Signal Processing Journal, Volume 62, Issue 1, October 1997.
- Bhima, Divya Katukoori, T Aruna Sri, S Hemanth Chowdary and Dr Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Efficient Probabilistic Query Ranking In Uncertain Databases’, Proceedings OBCOM 2011 (Springer), Vellore, 9-11 December 2011
- Sangeeta Gupta, Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Invisible Watermarking Using A Novel MRA-Based Image Fusion Method’, Proceedings IEEE Indicon 2012, Cochin, 7-9 December 2012
- Sangeeta Gupta, Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Compression Of ECG Signals Using A Novel Discrete Wavelet Transform Algorithm For Dynamic Arrythmia Database’, Proceedings AUC 2012 (Springer), Chennai, 22-24 December 2012
- Sujoy Bhattacharya, S Kalaimagal, ‘2-D IIR Filter Design Using An Adaptation Of The Random Search Methodology’, Proceedings IACC 2012 (IEEE), Ghaziabad, 22-23 February 2013
- Niladri Dey, Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Performance Analysis of Cloud Databases Handling Social Networking Data’, Proceedings IEEE CCEM 2013, 16th to 18th October 2013
- Pranitha Avancha, Niladri Shekar Dey, Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Predictive Analysis Of Solar Panel Performance with Cloud Services’, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Technology (IJCSET), Volume 4, No 10, Oct 2013.
- Soumya Terala, Niladri Shekar Dey, Sujoy Bhattacharya, ‘Progressive Analysis on Twitter – Social Data using Cloud’, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Technology (IJCSET), Volume 4, No 10, Oct 2013.
- Hemanth Chowdary Surapaneni, Sujoy Bhattacharya and Satyanarayana K.V.V., ‘A Scalable Model For Big Data Analytics In Healthcare Based On Temporal And Spatial Parameters’, Proceedings ICICTIS 2015 (Springer Verlag SIST), 28-29 November 2015.
- “Scalable No-SQL Benchmarks for the Cloud”, INR 26.10 Lakh, funded by DST– Govt. of India , 2011-14
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Doctoral Thesis Advisor / Supervisor : 2 (Under progress)
- Post Graduate Thesis Advisor / Supervisor: 38 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Reviewer and Session Chair, IEEE Indicon 2012
- Vice-chairman, IEEE Computer Society, Hyderabad Chapter 2014-16