Mrs. Chandrima Roy
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering & Technology
- D. (Pursuing) in Data Analytics from KiiT, Bhubaneswar
- Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from KiiT, Bhubaneswar
- Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from WBUT
Research Key Areas:
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Deep Learning
- Information Retrieval
- Developed an Intelligent Recommendation System for Mitigating Cold Start Problem
- Developing a Cross Domain Recommendation System
- Most notable publication are in Springer Nature and IEEE Explore.
- Citations: 67+, h-index : 06, i10-index : 02
- Assistant Professor, Adamas University, India, 2022-
- Computer Faculty in International Baccalaureate Program in KiiT International School
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 2
- Number of research papers published in international peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 9
- Number of Book-Chapters: 3
Selected Publication (s):
- Roy, Chandrima, Siddharth Swarup Rautaray, and Manjusha Pandey. “Big Data Optimization Techniques: A Survey.” International Journal of Information Engineering & Electronic Business 10.4 (2018).
- Das, Nivedita, et al. “Smart Waste Bin Using AI, Big Data Analytics and IoT.” IoT-Based Smart Waste Management for Environmental Sustainability. CRC Press, 2022. 37-62.
- Roy, Chandrima, Manjusha Pandey, and Siddharth Swarup Rautaray. “A proposal for optimization of horizontal scaling in big data environment.” Advances in data and information sciences. Springer, Singapore, 2018. 223-230.
- Roy, Chandrima, et al. “Prediction of factors associated with the dropout rates of primary to high school students in India using data mining tools.” Frontiers in Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 242-251.
- Roy, Chandrima, et al. “GeoCloud4E
- duNet: Geospatial Cloud Computing Model for Visualization and Analysis of Educational Information Network.” Innovations in Computational Intelligence and Computer Vision. Springer, Singapore, 2022. 9-17.
- Roy, Chandrima et al. “Analyzing student performance in engineering placement using data mining.” Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Data Engineering. Springer, Singapore, 2019.
- Roy, Chandrima et al. (2019). Horizontal Scaling Enhancement for Optimized Big Data Processing. In: Abraham, A., Dutta, P., Mandal, J., Bhattacharya, A., Dutta, S. (eds) Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 755. Springer, Singapore.
- Roy, Chandrima, and Siddharth Swarup Rautaray. “Challenges and issues of recommender system for big data applications.” Trends of Data Science and Applications (2021): 327-341.
- Roy, Chandrima et al. “Analyzing student performance using data mining.” Ambient communications and computer systems. Springer, Singapore, 2019. 307-318.
- Roy, Chandrima, et al. “A fog computing-based IoT framework for prediction of crop disease using big data analytics.” AI, Edge and IoT-based Smart Agriculture. Academic Press, 2022. 287-300.
- Roy, Chandrima, Siddharth Swarup Rautray, and Manjusha Pandey. “Recommender System for Resolving the Cold Start Challenges Using Classification.” Smart Computing Techniques and Applications. Springer, Singapore, 2021. 451-460.