Ms. Sabnam Parveen
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences
- Ph.D (pursuing) (June, 2021- till date), Chitkara University, Rajpura, Chandigarh
- M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India.
- B.Pharm, (Pharmaceutical Science), Gurunanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science& Technology, Sodpur, Kolkata, India
Research Key Areas:
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Computational Chemistry
- Chemical synthesis
- Peptide chemistry
- Protein-ligand interaction
- Molecular Modelling
- Molecular docking
- neglected topical diseases like diabetics, Anti-microbial activity, Cancer, HIV-1, Alzheimer’s, Coronavirus
- Main research oriented places are Organic Chemistry, Chemical synthesis (Peptide synthesis), Spectral Interpretation of UV, IR, LC-MS, NMRspectrum, Mass Spectroscopy, Column Chromatography, Computational chemistry & biology, Anti- microbial activity, Anti-diabetic Activity
- Software: UV-Probe, IR-Solution, Marvin Sketch, Chem-sketch, Chimera, Auto-Dock 2, Avogadro, PyMOL, Homology Modeling (BLAST), Lig-PLOT, Swiss ADME. pkCSM, PASS, Mendeley, Publish or Perish, Biblioshiny, R-Studio, Vos viewer, Meta essential software, SPSS.
- Instruments: UV Spectrophotometer, FT-IR, HPTLC, HPLC, Melting Point analyzer, Prob Sonication, Rotary
- Operating System: Windows, Linux, Mac
- Knowledge of 1D, 2D NMR, HRMS, IR and other analytical techniques for structural elucidation.
- Development of new analytical methods and validation methods of drug.
- Computer skills and chemistry tools such as Chemdraw, Mestre nova etc.
- Using databases such as Sci-Finder, Integrity and Dictionary of Natural Products.
- Capable of both collaborative and independent research.
- Experienced in guiding graduate project students in various projects.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Identifying research problems and solving them independently.
- August 2022 to present- Assistant Professor (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Medical Sciences, Adamas University, Barasat, Kolkata-700126, India.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor in Birbhum Pharmacy School, Birbhum, West Bengal from 25th August, 2020 to 25th August 2022.
- Worked as Assistant Exam Controller in Birbhum Pharmacy School, Birbhum, West Bengal from 9th November, 2020 to 25th August 2022
Research Publication (s):
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 02
- Number of research papers published in international peer-reviewed Scopus Proceedings: 06
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 03
For Details, Visit: https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/328128
Selected Publication (s): (MAXIMUM 12)
- Sabnam parveen, Subir Samanta* “Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of Ferulic Acid derivatives as PPAR gamma Activator: Anti-diabetic Agent, with molecular modelling studies” (Under Preparation)
- “Design, and synthesis of N-benzyl spiro-piperidine hydroxamic acid-based derivatives: Histone deacetylase inhibitory activity and drug-likeness prediction”Chidvilas Kurapati, Kalyani Paidikondala, Vishnu Nayak Badavath, Sabnam Parveen, Om V. Singh, Rambabu Gundla;Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Volume 59, Year 2022, Pages 2006-2015, https://doi.org/10.1002/jhet.4538
- “Nanodelivery of Antioxidant Herbal Extracts, Spices, and Dietary Constituents” Shiv Kumar Prajapati, Dolly Jain, Sabnam Parveen, Siddhartha Maji, Prashanta Kumar Deb, Chapter 8, Book Editor(s):Mithun Rudrapal, https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119811794.ch8
- Suman Kumar Nath1 2, Dr. M.V.N.L Chaitanya1*, Sabnam Parveen1 2, Dr. Ritchu Babbar1, Dr. Vishnu Nayak Badavath3 “A systematic Review on Chemotherapeutics of Mushrooms: Exploring the hidden libraries”(Manuscript accepted)
- Sabnam Parveen1,2, Ritchu Babbar1*, Vishnu N. Badavath3, Suman Kumar Nath1 2, Dr. M.V.N.L Chaitanya1 “Recent Insights into biological activities, structure activity relationship and molecular interactions of Thiazolidinone hybrids: A systematic review” (Under Communication)
Research Advisor / Supervisor:
- Graduate Thesis Supervisor: 5 (Awarded)
Award/ Academic Recognition/ Major Professional Activity:
- Member of Pharmaceutical Society, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Student member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Birla Institute of Technology,