Ms. Subhasnata Mohanta
Present Position: Assistant Professor
Department of Language and Literature, School of Liberal Arts and Culture Studies
- Pursuing PhD (English) at NIT Durgapur.
- M.A. in English ( Kazi Nazrul University)
- B.A. in English ( The University of Burdwan)
Research Key Areas:
- Gender Studies, Bengali Modernism.
- Assistant Professor, School of Liberal Arts and Cultural Studies.
- Assistant Professor, Institution of Engineering and Industrial Technology, Durgapur.
- Guest Lecturer, TDB College, Raniganj.
- Research Publication (s)
- Number of research papers published in International refereed journals: 4
- Number of invited Book-Chapters: 3
Research Publication (s):
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “Hunting Down the weaker Sex : “witch- Hunting” continues in Different Forms Through Ages”. LangLit, Vol.4 Issue1p.p (54-59), (ISSN 23495189). 2017
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “Nationalism Through the Looking Glass of Common People: a Study of Satinath Bhaduri’s Dhorai Charit Manas and Jagari”,Impressions of Eternity , Volume-11 p.p (89-96), published by Department of English, Bidhan Chandra College, Asansol (ISSN-2229-4813). 2016
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “Partition’s Children and Their Traumatic Childhood: Study of Bapsi Sidhwa’s Ice Candy Man and Amitav Ghosh’s The Shadow Lines. Partition of India: Memory , Trauma and Representation, Edited By DR. Dipak Kumar Doley and DR. Abul Foyes MD Malik. Chintamoni Prakashani.( ISBN-978-81-86385-23-6). 2020
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “The Age-old Relationship Between Man and River: A Study of Padma Nadir Majhi and The Hungry Tide”. South Asian Literature, Culture and Society : A Critical Rumination , Edited by Goutam Karmakar. Atlantic Publishers & Distributors (P) LTD.(ISBN 978-81-269-3173-6).2020.
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “ Exploitation of Women and the Exploitation of the River: Ecofeminist Reading of Bengali River Novels in Translation.” Translation Studies: History , Theory and Practice. Edited by Dr. Naqui Ahmad John, Dr. Abul Foyes Md Malik. Assam Computers, New Delhi. ( ISBN- 978-81-948854-1-2).
- Mohanta , Subhasnata, Ray, Subhadeep. “Young martyr of young blood”: Cosmopolitan Style and War Against Empire in Nazrul’s Kamal Pasha. Journal of the Department of English . Vol 15 2022. ISSN 0973-3671, Published by Vidyasagar University . p.p (265-274). (UGC Care Listed )
- Mohanta, Subhasnata. “ Widowhood in Colonial Bengal — An Undeclared ‘Lockdown’ : Problematising Bapsi Sidhwa’s Water in Post-covid World. Impressions of Eternity , Volume-12 p.p. published by Department of English, Bidhan Chandra College, Asansol (ISSN-2229-4813).